Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by yugix, Mar 16, 2012.

?
  1. Stick with Japanese names for all names.

116 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

313 vote(s)
    73.0%
  1. Smittles

Smittles Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Another update for Lost Evolution this weekend and a slightly bitter-sweet one at that. A bug has been fixed but they are in need of reliable translators.

"
    Lost Evolution:
    A "bug" we've suspected having was fixed (it was something else), and helped us to get a move on Lost Evolution. Unfortunately the translator has vanished again after showing up and reporting that he has made basically no progress since July 2017... I'm sorry I have no better news in regards to this. Until the restoration process on Decode is completed, progress here will be rather slow. Qualified translators that would like to help out are welcome to apply over PM. Constant (or more or less) constant availability is a requirement (beyond the obvious ones...)
    "

2. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    aw man, that sucks :/ well at least the bug was fixed.

3. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Isso_Non_Ecxiste Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    i believe in all of yo - yo can do it!

4. Niizzy

Niizzy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2017
    Brazil
    So, is the project dead? I dont know japanese and I'm not a computer genius but is there some way to help? I tried to play it and while it is completely playable if you have some experience with ds/dawn/dusk and some common sense but I'm missing the plot, I have no idea whats happening so its not worth it.

Also, I will hijack this to ask a question for someone that played it: What happened to the wind element? All birds I have are holy and learn holy attacks. Did they removed it for some reason? It makes no sense.

5. PhantomBanger

PhantomBanger Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2011
    If you look at the first post, you'll see it's been updated with who's working on it now.
    https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecoded/

6. Niizzy

Niizzy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2017
    Brazil
    Oh, my bad. Its been years since I checked the first page :)

7. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    Hi there! I downloaded *Pak Editor* and *Pak Manager* and I wanted some help with them...
    *Pak Editor* always gimme a CRASH when I open any .PAK file extracted from LOST EVOLUTION.
    *Pak Manager* I can open and see what's inside .PAK file, but all the files in there are BINARY ones .BIN

So, If someone knows how to open these .BIN files, edit and save in COMMON IMAGE FORMAT I would B glad.

8. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    I just foud something lika spr_ncgr.PAK and spr_nclr.PAK and they have same number of files inside of it, so i converted them to their respective file formats [NCGR and NCLR] and i got a picture ^_^

aaa.png

9. Kheartz

Kheartz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2015
    United States
    Glad you were able to figure it out. I'm currently working on the NDS Digimon Super Xros Wars translations and have also messed around with the Lost Evo files a bit. If you have any questions or want to take whatever your doing further and want some feedback, feel free to reach out via DMs.

10. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    tnx ^_^
    I have a question 4 sure!
    when i edit an nds image file with paint and the proper pallete setting everything goes ok, but after saving the new file with *Tinke* and importing to the PAK file and packing all the files with *dsbuff*, The new image either DOES NOT appear in the game or its gets damaged somewhere...

the issue is this : the image got part of it normal and the other one blank (i mean transparent) in the middle of the animation, also another issue happened. I translated some image text in eng, but in-game the image was in JAP...

that's really bad...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have a huge knowledge with pokemon gba hackin thing, but when I'm on nds terrain it's totally a mess ;v

11. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    yh i remember... hawkmon and
    yh i remember... hawkmon and aquilamon have wind attacks...

12. Kheartz

Kheartz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2015
    United States
    From my experience, anytime I had to modify a sprite file, I had to re-edit the OAM after importing from paint to make sure the sprites were made correctly. I think eventually I'll make a tool to attempt this automatically.

Also, are you making sure that you're previewing the animation in Tinke before you're trying to see them in game?

13. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    WOW!!!
    I really got it now... Or mayB it's luck ;v

LOSTEV__22672.png LOSTEV__22587.png

MayB I can join ur team op decoded, since I learned some things and since 1 more person could help speedin-up the translation progress...

Attached Files:

AsPika2219 likes this.
  14. Kheartz

Kheartz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2015
    United States
    If I recall correctly, that's a BG file and not a SPR file, no? BG files are a bit easier to work with.

Also, I'm not a part of OP Decoded. You'll have to talk to them specifically :v

15. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    LOL, I'm havin no idea what u're talkin about XD
    I'm only workin with *NCLR* / *NANR* / *NCER* / *NCGR* since i'm noob in NDS hackin thing...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It's a SPR file inside lost evolution package.
    SPR_NANR.PAK
    SPR_NCER.PAK
    SPR_NCGR.PAK
    SPR_NCLR.PAK

16. Kheartz

Kheartz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2015
    United States
    Interesting I'll go back and give that file a try sometime this week. I might've been thinking some thing else.

17. rapffjo

rapffjo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    Thailand
    If you want a game similar to these.... Digimon Story Cyberslueth

18. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    Nah dude. I have NDS Console and Digimon Lost Evolution is in the top of my collection.
    but tnx for the tip.

rapffjo likes this.
  19. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    Guys, does it look good?

LOSTEV__22672.png LOSTEV__NEW.png

Some colors from *EVOLUTION* word have been lost since the pallet gave me some problems (fixed by reducin colors)

20. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    Pallet has been enhanced! (more colors added)
    *TORY* from STORY has been moved a little down.

LOSTEV__NEW.png

AsPika2219 and TheTrueDream42 like this.