Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Is it possible that due to the large sizes of the 3ds roms (on average i would say they would reach 2gb) that the amount of ppl getting the roms would be far less than that on the 3ds
Especially since people mainly download (if i am not mistaken) from torrent and direct download
Direct download these days is on file sharing sites and multipart downloads usually get taken down quickly (before many even finish downloading) and torrents would have too many peers to download at full speed
I cant say it will not be there but the amount of ppl getting the roms will be lower than for the DS (whose roms ppl could download in 15 mins or less)

What do u say?

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
Is it possible that due to the large sizes of the 3ds roms (on average i would say they would reach 2gb) that the amount of ppl getting the roms would be far less than that on the 3ds
Especially since people mainly download (if i am not mistaken) from torrent and direct download
Direct download these days is on file sharing sites and multipart downloads usually get taken down quickly (before many even finish downloading) and torrents would have too many peers to download at full speed
I cant say it will not be there but the amount of ppl getting the roms will be lower than for the DS (whose roms ppl could download in 15 mins or less)

What do u say?

nope, just the same or more, trust me I've made dozens of backups from direct download links and torrents alike of wii isos(they average 500-4 gigs). Just gotta use the right manager like jdownloader and leave the pc on over night.

2 gigs is not that big and not every game will be 2 gigs.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's on the internet it WILL be downloaded. Many times.
Size wont stop pirates. They'll just buy more memory.
Its like 100 for a 2TB hard drive now.
Ya think a couple gigs will stop em?

shakirmoledina

Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
usually finding games every few days (if not everyday) is difficult esp if its large in size and many sites like megaupload and rapidshare remove links really quickly esp (if i am not mistaken) they are large
torrents would be an issue to DOWNLOAD since there would be many peers over seeders when the rom is released
i guess it will be more difficult rather than impossible

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never had a problem downloading so far
being that the 3ds will be even more common than the ds[probably] the seeding will be more as well
so far the games didn't look more than 2gb, ocarina of time...what? 500mb? pilot wings...even less?
even so, ppl like myself managed to reach 1,5-3mb/s download on even wii games, sit tight and play something in the meanwhile
it's not like it's impossible to get the stuff, it's all about patience

the only thing i was impatient for...was silent hill shattered memories back then, even that only took a day to get

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a point, sort of.

No site that I know of allows direct download of PSP games. (Multi-part RapidShare downloads don't count.)

Sites like did you really think I'd post a ROM site? have DS roms galore simply because they're small. Less than a dozen games break 256mb uncompressed.

PSP isos are large and bandwidth-sucking. The ISO torrents I've found usually have 3-8 leechers and maybe 15-20 seeds. This, for some people, is terrible. But my 350 KB/s DL speeds have no problem redlining on most torrents.

So honestly, your point holds true and yet it doesn't. Anyone willing to look can find em, but ROM sites won't host them on FTPs or anything of the sort.

I do feel sorry for those who have torrent-throttling ISPs though, since that leaves them with RapidShit and the like.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people in private torrent sites this is no problem. People download Wii games which are usually at least 3 GBs like crazy, and there's lots of seeders.

campbell00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, it doesn't stop XBOX 360 piracy.

Although, we have yet to see if PS3 piracy pervades the hacking scene: those games are larger than the 360's.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This makes no difference since people pirate Wii isos just as easily.
Plus, as technology advances so does internet speed in general. Two years ago I would have been screwed with my 768k internet, but now I have 15Mbps so there's nothing to worry about.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
campbell00 said:
Meh, it doesn't stop XBOX 360 piracy.

Although, we have yet to see if PS3 piracy pervades the hacking scene: those games are larger than the 360's.
What does that have to do with the 3DS?

Anyway, 2 GB is totally not much at all.
I download Anime torrents which are 10GB or bigger.
And I download does pretty fast (depending on seeds and leeches)
I download 2 GB in like 1 or 2 hours.
So I don't see what's so hard about this.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Off topic but the 3DS will have to use like 32GB micro SDs...

OT: It will be just as easy to get roms, if you know where to look
wink2.gif

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poor guys being spoiled by DS roms. I've been donwloading psp games for years, those reach close to 2 GB quite often. Not to mention: PS2 games, Wii games, PC games, ps3 games eventually.

2 gigs is nothing
wink.gif

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
People with slow connections will either hire the game copy it then return it, get it off a friend or buy it from a dodgy market stall. The file size makes little difference.

LegendarySkitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raiderscrusade said:
Also note the PS3 scene, where games are on BR DVD's.

Thus meaning, they can range up to 50 GB on a dual layer BR.

Yes, hasn't stopped people from downloading 45GB games...

Also the picky person in me has to point out there's no such thing as BR DVDs and the official abbreviation of Blu-ray discs is BD...sorry I can't help myself

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
What do u say?
Congrats on hitting 4k posts but at least try man.

As it is now people already download files that are 2GB or bigger. The biggest DS games are virtually inaccessible to pirates on dial up (lol).

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
well, that's why humans have the ability to adapt to certain situations.
there will always be pirates as long as there is something to plunder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...