President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
i'm looking to get a xbox 360 real soon and ive read alot report of people's systems breaking and then having to spend 200 to ms to get it fixed, etc. a friend of mine told me the newer releases of the xboxs do not have overheating problems and work fine.

im wondering how will i know this when i go into the store to get one that its not an older version?

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
well first of all. the people saying they had to pay are liars... MS even extended their warranty. and, the overheating is not a huge deal anyways...all systems eventually break down. i bought my 360 (nov. 2005) on launch day, and had to send it in (free of charge; they sent a shipping label and box) about a month ago.... got it back and works perfectly. they did recently reveal a 360 elite, which you can tell by it's black casing. but i couldnt be happier with my 360, i play it more than my wii (dont stone me!!)

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
BUT!!!!! it's not a big problem... worse comes to worst and your without it for a few days. i had mine back in 2 days cuz i live near the repair center... ms pays for everything.

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
BUT!!!!! it's not a big problem... worse comes to worst and your without it for a few days. i had mine back in 2 days cuz i live near the repair center... ms pays for everything.

yeah but do you lose your saves?
and i dont wanna have to send it in every couple of months

i have to do that with my ipod and its a bitch

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
nope. i woulda been pissed... they left the hdd the same or copied everything. but i still have all my oblivion saves and extra's and everything....

but it's not every couple a months, it was almost 2 yrs for me... *way* WAY outta warranty before i sent mine in. and they didnt even care. they asked for the serial and said they were shipping the box and packing slip.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have my 360 since 2005, and everything still works fine for me. Don't know what everyone's been fussing about.
smile.gif
But I'd skip the elite version if I were you, unless you really need the extra GBs. Seems lots of elites been breaking down with the 3 red lights.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i think the think that kinda helped mine mess up was the intercooler... apparently it drew too much power and it slowed my disc speed. i took it off and it worked fine for another 8 months...

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
lol so taking off the extra cooling fans made it work better?
im not going to get the elite version because i dont have a hdmi compatible tv and if i need more than 20 gigs or whatever comes with it, ill buy the 120gig drive later down the line when its cheaper anyway. i'm really just going to rip acouple of music cds and have game saves on it. and then probably whatever else i download from xbox live.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use the nyko intercooler. I didn't have much choice as the xbox 360 kept freezing. With the intercooler on it doesn't freeze. I might change the fans inside the 360 sometime to see if I can make it cooler and quieter.

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
I use the nyko intercooler. I didn't have much choice as the xbox 360 kept freezing. With the intercooler on it doesn't freeze. I might change the fans inside the 360 sometime to see if I can make it cooler and quieter.

is all the problems with the 360 cooling problems because of cheap fans? i mean ill spend 15 bucks on newegg and get some awesome fans for it and it wont ever overheat

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I use the 4gamers cooler and have not a prob with my 360 since release day and it gets used more or less daily. If I'm on nights at work it usually gets 10hr straight sessions!
If your going to mod I'd say go with a sammy and xtreme fw 5.3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)