Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LiangJai said:
Doubt I'm going to get a R4. All these clones are variants are so confusing. I just want to get up to date information on the R4s.
ALL R4's are clones now.

R4 isn't a generic term for flashcard. It was a brand, now it's a joke.
1:1 copies of the original R4 work with Wood but are limited to DS/DSlite and MicroSDs (Not SDHC).
R4i Gold listed on the page I linked above work with DSis and MicroSDHCs.

AceKard2i and SuperCardDSTwo both work with DSis and MicroSDHC.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Like twiz said, "R4" is not a way to refer to flash carts, but most people think of the R4 brand when they do, so all the clone makers call their carts R4-something (you'd be surprised the shit they come up with to add to the name) to get sales, and the original R4 team isn't around to sue them.

cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Clean Mode
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...