different output @ ntsc games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by fudgi, Apr 30, 2009.

Apr 30, 2009

different output @ ntsc games by fudgi at 5:01 PM (806 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. fudgi
    OP

Newcomer fudgi Advanced Member

Germany
    i know this already has been discussed but what i was wondering is the following problem... ive got a pal wii and only got like 2 ntsc games... my wii is softmodded to be region free and also to play other region games through channeldisc (thx to preloader)
    the first game i tried @ ntsc was excite bots trick racing... this one just worked fine over discchannel and was also in color with standard nintendo cable... the next ntsc game i tried was tales of symphonia dawn new world... this one didnt boot from disc channel why so ever itonly booted from disc channel when i patched it pal but then it was black and white.... so i thought i buy an rgb cable but that resulted in a red pictur... which many already know.... bbut the big question now is... why is there a huge difference between 2 usa ntsc games?

2. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Same reason why some PAL games result in color degrading / scrolling screen when playing them on a NTSC Wii.

3. fudgi
    OP

Newcomer fudgi Advanced Member

Germany
    yea shouldnt it be for like all ntsc games on pal or vice versa, im just curious why its only foor some games and not for all that way

4. livewireuk

Newcomer livewireuk Newbie

United Kingdom
    Some pal games support PAL 60, that's probably it.

5. KaiWren

Newcomer KaiWren Advanced Member

United States
    Doesn't NTSC stand for Never The Same Color? [​IMG]