zannyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My daughter has a pink DS, so today its my sons 6th birthday and he gets a black DS to my amazement they sound different. The black one is more high pitched in the startup sounds. Is there revisions of the firmware on diff colors that causing this or speaker issues?

Using wonder technology called a mobile phone ive recorded the 2 startup sounds. Is one of the DS's faulty? or is this normal? the 2 ds's synced fine in mario and sonic at olmypics and both played the music simutaniously and i couldnt notice a difference in the game sounds.

Here are my recordings if anyone is interested.

http://rapidshare.com/files/112092255/2_ds_s.zip.html

mirror http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WLJCEJED

pika3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When its the owner's birthday the DS will have a different sound but for every other day it should be normal, If your daughter's pink DS doesn't make the same sound on her birthday then she might not have set it right
smile.gif

Zaago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no problem. When the actual date match the birthday date in the DS setting it makes a different sound.

It's just an extra that Nintendo add for the birthdays.

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
lol.
i had the same reaction when i heard a different sound on my ds. i was scared, and thot my ds's sound was messed up and was aplified higher. but, its cos of my ds i found out it was my b-day...hadnt noticed til then.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Alot of games for the Nintendo DS do something special on your birthday. Some games even go and give you a birthday cake item, say happy birthday (Like Ninja Gaiden) and so on. Its a nice little addition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended