Hacking Differences between M3 MicroSD Lite Pro & Perfect?

nibble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides $30?

Sorry if this question has been ask a thousand times, I searched and went back a few pages without results.

I just bought a DS Lite, and a 2 gig microSD card, and am trying to decide which adapter to buy. It seems like an M3 is the way to go, though if anybody has other suggestions I'd be up for hearing them. And out of the M3 adapters, the MicroSD Lite looks like the one to go with. But when checking out prices, I found that there is a "Professional" version and a "Perfect" version. The Pro is $30 cheaper, and the only difference the M3 product page lists between the two is that the Pro version can't play GBA roms larger than 32mb. Is that in fact the only difference? If there are others, what are they? And which one would you guys recommend going with and why?

Thanks a lot for your help!
smile.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe the Opera patch doesn't work with the Pro either as well as some homebrew using the RAM of m3.
But if you only want DS compatibility anyway, I'd go for R4 instead. It's cheaper, doesn't require a passcard or flashed ds, doesn't require patching, etc...

nibble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion. It's good to know my options. But I like the idea of adding all the multimedia functionality to my DS. Viewing text, movies and music is something that I'm very interested in. I don't know how heavily I'll get into homebrew apps, but I'm definitely interested in exploring that area.

So the Perfect version has some built in ram, while the Pro version doesn't? And it also sounds like the Perfect version would generally be better when it comes to homebrew apps than the professional version, correct? If I'm in the market for an adapter that has all the functionality of the Perfect, is there an adapter from another company that matches the features of the M3 MicroSD Lite Perfect that I should also investigate?

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the perfect can play gba games, and the pro cant

If you really care about playing gba games you should get the m3 perfect, if not you should get the m3 simply, which can do everything the perfect can do, it just cant play gba games. It's also cheaper than the pro version, a slot 1 device, and it doesnt require you to patch your ds roms, or have your gba slot occupied, and using a passme sort of device.

Also, as a side note, the m3simply and R4 are the same thing essentially, they just have a different sticker and packaging. I like the m3 simply's sticker more, so i bought a m3 simply. Also you have to use the corresponding patch for the 2 products.

nibble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha!

The Perfect sounds like the one for me!

Thanks guys for summing things up for me and helping me with my purchasing decision.
smile.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No No, the PRO can play certain GBA games... that are 32Mbit or lower

However, since most decent GBA games are larger than this..
wink.gif

And yes, the Perfect has the onboard RAM required for the Opera DS browser and higher capacity GBA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs