Difference between the R4i gold pro 2016 and the R4i RTS lite 2016?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hamstermascot, May 29, 2016.

1. Hamstermascot
    OP

Hamstermascot GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    There are so many different versions of the R4i that I'm getting confused. At first I was planning to buy the R4i gold, but that came without a microSD, while the RTS lite comes with a 4gb microSD. The RTS lite costs 30 euro's with the MicroSD and the R4i gold is 12,99. I doubt the 4gb microSD would cost like 18 euro's.

2. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Don't buy a microSD card with those cards. The SD cards are probably fake and terrible. Just buy one in a local store.

3. SterneSchreien

SterneSchreien Naughty One

Jan 4, 2016
    Canada
    Go for Gold. AFAIK it supports Wood Kernel which is way better than the piece-of-sht UI that comes with R4i RTS. Plus for ~20$ you can get a real MicroSD with way more space.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Just buy this card.
    http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
    Never buy memory cards from flashcart sellers. They're generic/noname brand/fake cards that probably have a fake capacity and will very likely not work properly.

5. Hamstermascot
    OP

Mar 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    To be fair. I don't need more than 8gb for DS games, cause I mostly play rpg's. If it supports a better kernel It's definitely better to buy the gold.

I'm planning to buy it from a dutch vendor where I've gotten most modding things from their site for the past 8 years. They've always provided a good quality Kingston or Samsung for their usb, SD and microSD cards. So I'm not all that worried about the microSD being fake.

6. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    May I ask which site you're planning on buying from?

7. Hamstermascot
    OP

Mar 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    ombouweindhoven.nl

8. Sleet

Sleet GBAtemp Fan

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    If they are from r4isdhc.com then they are the exact same card. The 2016 version of the gold pro does not run wood.

9. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    1st, those cards are different as cards ending in 201x are clones of the r4i sdhc .
    The cards ending in 201x, meaning from http://www.r4isdhc.com/ are different from the cards from r4i-sdhc
    The ones from r4i-sdhc have a better quality and do not have a timebomb , unlike r4isdhc cards, which have, but can be removed by installing ysmenu.
    Besides from that, they do not have much pratical differences, but if you have the cash just go for the r4i-sdhc and buy it from nds-card.com

10. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon