Difference between sd/minisd/lite

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by dilav, Jul 12, 2008.

Jul 12, 2008

Difference between sd/minisd/lite by dilav at 8:29 PM (1,079 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. dilav
    OP

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I just bought a supercard minisd for my little cousin. but i was wondering if I need 2 programs for a supercard lite, and the minisd. Can gba roms be patched with the same software? Also what is the difference between all the sd slot 2 flashcarts(besides size). I heard the minisd and sd are not good for ds games, what r some examples of this? Anyway i am going to try using the supercard minisd for ds games after that it will be used in the gba (i do know the supercard isn't the best for gba games also).
    thanks in advance

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The Supercard SD and miniSD can use the same software, but the Supercard Lite will require its own patching software. The SC Lite is slightly better than the SD and miniSD for GBA gaming from my understanding, but all of them are pretty poor compared to the other devices available. As for DS games, the only games in which it'll make a difference are the ones that require super fast microSD cards, like Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, as microSD cards can get faster than SD and miniSD cards can ever get.

Slot-2 Supercards have much better DS support than they do GBA support, just for the record.

3. dilav
    OP

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Thanks for the reply. I know that Supercard isn't good for gba games, but they were cheaper than a M3 and EZ IV doesnt seem to have good ds rom support. the supercard is for my little cousing who always loose his games, and i dont know if he was going to get a DS soon so I thought I should stick with the supercard.
    once again thanks for the reply.