Difference between R4DS, G6Lite and EZ-Flash IV Li

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by g4med4d, Sep 7, 2007.

1. g4med4d
    OP

g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    Hi, I'm very new to the flash kits stuff. After looking through forums and web sites, I'm getting more confused. What's the difference between the Slot-1(R4DS) and the Slot-2(G6Lite and EZ-Flash IV Lite)? The Slot-2 flash kits, in particular, the G6Lite and the EZ-Flash, comes with a USB adapter as well. Appreciate any answers. Thanks!

2. flai

flai Androgynous Apparently :)

Sep 30, 2006
    Slot 2 runs GBA ROMS, DS ROMS require patching and also needs a Passcard to run. Slot 1 devices are drag and drop but don't run GBA ROMS. They don't need a Passcard to run.

3. g4med4d
    OP

g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    Thanks! Can they allow me to save my save games/files too?

4. flai

Sep 30, 2006
    Yes, of course.

5. g4med4d
    OP

g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    Thanks!

6. flai

Sep 30, 2006
    Don't mention it [​IMG]

7. supratreo

supratreo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    hey i'm a noob so i'm trying to gather info on what card to get. this thread cleared one thing up but now i see that if i get the G6lite that i will have to patch it and use a passcard, how does this work? i would like to be able to run GBA and other emulators on my NDS so what would the best card for me be? sorry to hijack your thread G4med4d, but i figured i'd ask here since some of my other questions have been alswered here.
    also, is there a place i (or thread here) that can help a noob out?