Difference between Kingston

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Regiiko, Apr 21, 2007.

Apr 21, 2007

Difference between Kingston by Regiiko at 1:39 PM (681 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Regiiko
    OP

Member Regiiko GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    I have recently bought a R4 + Kingston 1G package from Trademe (the New Zealand equivalent to eBay)

And have been reading about the differences in the Kingston microSD that are produced in both Taiwan & Japan.

I am just wondering if the difference is really that noticeable to think about purchasing a different microSD card for games and keeping the one I have got for homebrew crap.

If so, what are the other 'good' microSD cards out there? (In terms of read/write speed & quality)

2. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    there is a difference. i can't explain the specifics, but J cards are higher quality and perform better in my experience

3. AeroScap

Member AeroScap GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It is apparently the card which can run castlevania POR intro at normal speed. (this is used as an benchmark) Maybe they just use higher quality (lower resistance? parts with japan makes?)

4. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    you can test your card with hdtach

the japan cards perform better than the taiwan cards, and therefore can play tony hawks and castlevania with no slowdowns/crashs

5. fli_guy84

Member fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    The Japanese microSD's generally have lower access time and higher sustainable reading speed than Taiwan microSD's.

I guess that translates to more stable gaming experience.