Difference between 1

AdvanceGuy64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Anybody Understand the Differences between The Courage the Cowardly Dog Season 1 DVD and It’s Boomerang Digital Version

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do we have a list of changes? There are sites that try to document things here, though I normally see it comparing uncut DVDs to originals or director's cuts to theatrical/TV.

Most times changes happen it is censorship (maybe a joke that flew in the 90s offends someone today and people somewhere think playing to current space year pearl clutchers is a good thing), could be a seizure inducing episode, maybe a cut gets a lower age bracket (while I am not a great fan of CTCD I can safely say they nailed existential dread and that they also had it fly under the radar of US censors back then is magnificent work), advert tweaks (see syndication requirements -- 30 seconds less content means 30 seconds more adverts. Though that gets far more insidious -- subtly sped up shows to fit more in, literal overpainting of items in shot with adverts), because a voice actor or whatever has since been dubbed (hah) a bad person (real or false it does not always matter, and even then I am not sure whether it is a good plan or not), rights issues (background music, somehow the voice actor did not sign a release/expects serious royalties so cheaper to cut/redo, item featured in show that now expects royalties, lawsuit preventing rebroadcast...), maybe it is a director's cut (rare for cartoons but not unheard of, and a lot of things might have been cut for time or cut for time in a given country to make room for required amount of adverts thus having a longer cut elsewhere ) or original writer/production order (as opposed to broadcast order which might be different if the network wanted what they thought was a stronger episode in a given broadcast slot).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte