Hacking Diferenc bewtween nintendo update and xzxero 4.2 update?

yunior597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont understand at all why to update with the wad manager installing ios one by one. Its not the same?
Isnt the safe updater suppose to be better?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Which Safe Updater?

WAD method will only install the System Menu and it's IOS. It won't patch or install anything else, so you will keep your cIOS, cIOSCORP, Bootmii, etc

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One major thing to note about xzxero's update is that it doesn't upgrade boot2, so you can always downgrade to 3.3 or below. Aside from that, tattar8 is right. It doesn't overwrite the cIOSes or put in the other anti-piracy stubs. I believe it does update your IOSes though.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
basically the 4.2 update - the boot2v4 garbage nintendo threw in
biggrin.gif

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
If by safe updater you mean this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184057

And by xzxero's guide, you mean this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Then xzxero's is just a manual install/update. Like already mentioned, you won't loose Bootmii, cIOSes or softmods (preloader/CIOSCORP).

However, if you use the safe updater, you will be doing an official update through Nintendo but you won't loose Bootmii or cIOSes. In both cases boot2 will be left alone but you will loose any softmods.

So, guide = more involved but saves preloader/CIOSCORP.
SU = easier but looses preloader/CIOSCORP.

Depends on what you need/want.

yunior597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
If by safe updater you mean this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184057

And by xzxero's guide, you mean this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Then xzxero's is just a manual install/update. Like already mentioned, you won't loose Bootmii, cIOSes or softmods (preloader/CIOSCORP).

However, if you use the safe updater, you will be doing an official update through Nintendo but you won't loose Bootmii or cIOSes. In both cases boot2 will be left alone but you will loose any softmods.

So, guide = more involved but saves preloader/CIOSCORP.
SU = easier but looses preloader/CIOSCORP.

Depends on what you need/want.

Thanks, this is exactly what i wanted to know. thanks a lot i want to keep my stuffs so ill use manual update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all! +1