CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I need help using the hovercraft in Diddy Kong Racing DS. When ever I'm forced to use the hovercraft I adventure mode I always find myself going from side to side on the course which makes winning impossible. I'm really clueless on how to control the hovercraft so any hints/tips are greatly appreciated.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The hovercraft sucks yeah, it takes lots of practice to get it under control.

At the corners slightly change direction just before you would do normally in a car, and well don't expect it to act like a car anyway.
Don't expect the hovercraft to ever go the direction your face is looking at in a corner when you're in a corner to the left and looking a bit to left-front, then you're hovercraft will most probably just go a little to the right, tap the direction buttons securely to stay in the corner.
Don't turn to much, if you're about to crash a wall, you're most probably tend to turn to the other side untill you go to the good side again, but this will result into going from side to side all the time as you do. Just release the A button and slidely move the other way without turning to much the other way so you won't hit the other side again.

For the rest it's just mostly getting used to it and it will never drive as good as a car... If you really can't get any further you might also try to just collect some coins in easier races and use them to upgrade your hovercraft at the blue elephant's...

CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I had no idea you could upgrade the vehicles! Will make the game a lot easier with vehicle upgrades. After I upgraded the hovercraft I easily beat the Seal the required two times.

Kind of a side question on coins: Is it possible to go back in levels and keep getting coins from the same level or do coins disappear once you get them initially?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had no idea you could upgrade the vehicles! Will make the game a lot easier with vehicle upgrades. After I upgraded the hovercraft I easily beat the Seal the required two times.

Kind of a side question on coins: Is it possible to go back in levels and keep getting coins from the same level or do coins disappear once you get them initially?
I don't think they ever dissapear from the level or something, I've played the first one a couple of times and they just kept returning there, so should be fine with more times to I guess...
You do however need to get the first place after collecting the coins from the level, cause if you don't or quit the level before finishing, the coins will not be added to your total.

CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have an easier way. I just do Ancient Lake while doing the Balloon/Coin challenge. It's really easy to get bronze in Ancient Lake while still obtaining all 16 coins. Doing this over and over is a nice way to rake them up, but boring
frown.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pro at hovercraft on the n64, but i haven't been progressing on dkr ds to use the hovercraft.

Flameburst

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when you turn, turn early cause the hovercraft will drift a little. for sharper turns, use the right shoulder button, it lets you hop, thus turn faster. You'll still drift a little though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM