Hardware Did you notice the home button?

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey if you look under the screen (bottom one) there's a home button! Do you think it's going to be like the wii's home menu? Wouldn't that mean that the 3DS also uses IOS's? DISCUSS!!!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, like Cyan said, this could be just like the PSP has, a small pause screen with a couple of options. And even if it was like the Wii's home button menu, how do you come to the conclusion it will use .ISOs?
huh.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
Yeah, like Cyan said, this could be just like the PSP has, a small pause screen with a couple of options. And even if it was like the Wii's home button menu, how do you come to the conclusion it will use .ISOs?
huh.gif
IOSes are the way the Wii System menu is set out. If the 3DS is set out the same way it will be easily crackable, hence it is unlikely they will use them. Sorry aguyyyy.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
huh.gif
IOSes are the way the Wii System menu is set out. If the 3DS is set out the same way it will be easily crackable, hence it is unlikely they will use them. Sorry aguyyyy.

I love how everyone here thinks cracking software is easy
smile.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Jamstruth said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
huh.gif

smile.gif
Didn't mean to imply it would be incredibly easy but having it based on the current Wii layout would certainly speed things up.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I think what OP was trying to get at was maybe the 3DS will use a slimmer ported version of the Wii's operating system?

Yeah, I think it's just a button that'll be used mostly for a soft reset.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, the real 3DS is still under development (as in, the final form and shape and all that jazz is still being improved on), so chances are that they used the Wii Menu icon as a placeholder, and will just make a whole new button, along with other things.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
spinal_cord said:
Jamstruth said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
huh.gif

smile.gif
Didn't mean to imply it would be incredibly easy but having it based on the current Wii layout would certainly speed things up.

It wasn't the fact that the Wii had an IOS system that made it easy to crack, but because it only check the signatures of a game's TMD when it was being installed and not everytime it was run (and it does check everytime it runs on the DSi, making things harder). Also there was the trucha bug. It would makes things a little easier, but not that much.

@OP: They already have this on the DSi, just tap the power button and it takes you back to the homescreen. I wouldn't be surprised if this button did the same exact thing.

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Jamstruth said:
spinal_cord said:
Jamstruth said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
huh.gif

smile.gif

It wasn't the fact that the Wii had an IOS system that made it easy to crack, but because it only check the signatures of a game's TMD when it was being installed and not everytime it was run (and it does check everytime it runs on the DSi, making things harder). Also there was the trucha bug. It would makes things a little easier, but not that much.

@OP: They already have this on the DSi, just tap the power button and it takes you back to the homescreen. I wouldn't be surprised if this button did the same exact thing.

Yeah, but there already IS a power button on the 3DS, and I bet that it has the same purpose as the button on the DSi---to bring you back to the DSi menu (like you said), so the home button probably has some other thing it brings up...

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aguyyyy said:
Yeah, but there already IS a power button on the 3DS, and I bet that it has the same purpose as the button on the DSi---to bring you back to the DSi menu (like you said), so the home button probably has some other thing it brings up...

I think they just took out the reset from the power button and put it on the home button.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I noticed, it seems we are getting an Wii-like home menu, who knows maybe multitasking or in-game pause.
Or a realtime save, it would be amazing if an in-game menu Ala SC DSTWO.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
naruses said:
Yeah, I noticed, it seems we are getting an Wii-like home menu, who knows maybe multitasking or in-game pause.
Or a realtime save, it would be amazing if an in-game menu Ala SC DSTWO.
Real time save would be a feature of a game rather than the system itself as it would remove challenge for a vast number of titles. IMagine a game like Elite Beat Agents having real time save.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it orders food! OH CRAP YA!

Most likely a Wii style home menu that does basic reseting and the like.
Dont expect extra features. Nintendo is all about the main gimmick and then stopping right there.
Though I hope that later when the hacks start to come about that they'll figure out a way to make plugins like the PSP has. That way we can make our own in-game extra features like music playing etc.
Though knowing how Nintendo does their software this might be too hard, but hey, it would be nice.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Jamstruth said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
huh.gif

smile.gif
It's all the shit they watch these days. Messes their thinking organ up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse