Did you have a C64?

jpxdude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Did you have a Commodore 64? I've been thinking recently of the old games I loved from back in the day, and how most games these days don't come close to capturing the magic of the old skool games...

Games I love and miss include:

Buggy Boy
Midnight Resistance
Wizball
Hunchback
Barbarian
Vigilante
Kikstart I & II
Target Renegade
Double Dragon
C64 versions of Shinobi and Outrun and Afterburner!

What games did you play on the C64?

johnnywalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Flimbo's Quest rocks!
shy.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I had a C64. I had most of the peripherals for it too, including the 8k RAM board for the disk drive to copy the V-Max protected games.

Miner 2049'er
Montezuma's Revenge
Outrun
Turbo Outrun
Afterburner
Turrican
Mondu's Fight Palace
Bangkok Knights
Defender of The Crown
Rocket Ranger
3 Stooges
Space Rogue
Elite
Sleepwalker
All the D&D "Gold Box" games.
Questron
Phantasie (all of them)
Legend of Blacksilver
The Infocom games...

Those are some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head, but there were many, many more.

I had a friend who knew a backdoor to the phone service and we downloaded all kinds of stuff from Germany all the time. We had a great percentage of the games for the C64 at the time. Lots of hours spent slurping up the games. I still have all those games, but now I run them through an emulator on the PC.

Those were the days.......
wub.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I played the HELL out of Buggy Boy, loved that, and Wizball too.
My first game for it was Infocom's Hitchhiker's Guide, but shortly after I got my 64 I started working at Game's & Gadgets (which evolved eventually into Game Stop) so I played EVERYTHING. I was also well acquainted with Fast Hack'em and Maverick *wink*.

My all time fave is Realms of Impossibility, but there were so many great games, many of which came in the "flat packs" from Activision and EA, like Pinball Construction Set, Arctic Fox, Hardhat Mac, the list goes on and on. Hell, some of the cheap games were good too, like even some of the stuff from Mastertronic, lol, Sidewalk Surfer comes to mind there.

Oh, and being a Rocky Horror fan, I put in many hours on that game, naked and shuffling from side to side most of them.
biggrin.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still got mine! Love playing H.E.R.O., Shoot-em-up Construction Kit, Dark Caverns, Dizzy Series, Chuckie Egg, Creatures, Mayhem in Monsterland, International Karate+, Turrican 2, Exile, Myth and countless others. There were so many great games on it that it'll take ages to list them all.

Anyone who loves C64 should check out what the GBC had to offer as you'll love it.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just sold mine! I just never use it anymore. And I can play all I want on the fabulous emulators.

It was a bit of a tragic moment, but it was best for the both of us
wink.gif

I thought things like Tapper, Burger Time, Super Pipeline, West Bank and Law of the West were fabulous and still are classics.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I got it out of the attic when my ST was being repaired though and the dust monsters had broked it :'(

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Never ever touched a c64. Was it gud? Probably not >_>

The C64 was released about 24 years ago, so you're probably not old enough to remember it. The C64 had loads of great games, and was one of the best machines ever released. To most people gaming started with the NES
laugh.gif

Mikie
Combat School
Last Ninja 2
Uridium
Caldron

The list of great games goes on. I sold mine back in the day to get an Amiga. A few years ago I bought another. Its still amazing what you can do with it. Like run games from an SD card.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
still have mine and NOTHING can compete with the love of Last Ninja II that I have.

Recently I connected my laptop and use VICE to play Last Ninja II on TV! with 8bin sound through TV, It was all tears in the eyes for me.
here some pix for you:

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

(there are some videos, but cant upload with dial up)

We had alot of C64 tapes which each had like 30 games and I was used to play them all in linear mode, one after another ...

and since this year is Last Ninja II's 20th anniversary, I was planning to write and do something big. shhh. maybe Hadrian could help if he's enthusiasticosmatics.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never ever touched a c64. Was it gud? Probably not >_>

Wow mega fail! Ok maybe you never got to play on one but shit don't dismiss something.

and since this year is Last Ninja II's 20th anniversary, I was planning to write and do something big. shhh. maybe Hadrian could help if he's enthusiasticosmatics.
Maybe, I'm still waiting on this supposed new game for Wii/DS that was due last year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may take a shower to remove all the sunburns in my body