Did you had/have a work featured on a famous website?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
As soon as the app called LOOP for the Nokia N8 and C7 was released, I downloaded it.

I didnt knew Nokia would use my work as an example for their Nokia Blog.

YEAH!!! I ROCK!!! I got my 15 minutes of FAME

http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/12/10/...can-touch-this/

Also found on GSMarena

http://blog.gsmarena.com/the-loop-app-lets...okia-n8-and-c7/

Here's my profile for the website hosting the LOOP app

http://soundcloud.com/chris621
If you follow that link, you can reach me in Facebook.

Im using the name Chris621 and Chris_Skylock on the internet

Here are my Chris621 names in SymbianTalk

http://www.symbiantalk.net/member.php?90262-Chris621

Im using Chris_Skylock in Club Nintendo and here in GBATemp

http://techforums.nintendo.com/people/CHRIS_SKYLOCK (My username in Nintendo of America is Chris621)

Do you have a work that is featured in a famous website? Share your story

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My firefox add-ons won the 2009 "top 10 must have add-on" rank from Lifehacker.com
And the better thing is I never asked anything, they just thought it was one of the best
biggrin.gif

They are not listing it anymore on their website (for their 2010 rank), but I'm still listed in their list on Mozilla addon website.

It's not a very popular add-on though, I only have 10 000 to 12 000 users daily, compared to Add-Block Plus, or DownThemAll! I'm very far away.
I'm still improving it though, but it's advancing very slowly, I don't get many bug reports from users
frown.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Nope, unless GoNintendo counts.
I'm thinking of getting my Beginner's Guide to the Wii on a different site.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
i would love to read all your works. How does it feel that it was being watched by millions of fans in the internet. I was very flattered mine was used. I guess I was one of the few who uploaded or had dared to upload one on the newly created app.

I will backread all your comments and will read/watch them as soon as possible and as soon as I can

Thanks for sharing your works and CHEERS for us who got our 15 minutes of fame

GoNintendo is a famous website, if you may. IT ROCKS!!!

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well once I submitted a smiley pack to DeviantArt and some italian site to which I had no affiliation to used it on their boards. Does that count?
tongue.gif

Shouldn't the thread title be "Have you had/have a work featured on a famous website?" and not "Did you had/have a work featured on a famous website?", by the way?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Never, but that's okay considering the fact that I'm 14.
smile.gif

Also, it shouldn't be "Have you had/have a work featured on a famous website?", nor should it be "Did you had/have a work featured on a famous website?", it should be "Have you had your work featured on a famous website?".

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
KingdomBlade said:
Never, but that's okay considering the fact that I'm 14.
smile.gif

Also, it shouldn't be "Have you had/have a work featured on a famous website?", nor should it be "Did you had/have a work featured on a famous website?", it should be "Have you had your work featured on a famous website?".
But what if you have it featured ona site currently? "Have you had/have a work featured on a famous website?" is correct then isn't it? You can interpret it as ""Have you had a work featured on a famous website?" or ""Have a work featured on a famous website?".

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well apart from some WIKI pages & a couple of 'stickies' here on GBATemp - nope... no famous websites,
but I DID get a letter of mine posted in a UK national magazine (MicroMart)

IIRC - the magazine gave it a title of something like 'Ink Again (Again)'

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyan said:
My firefox add-ons won the 2009 "top 10 must have add-on" rank from Lifehacker.com
And the better thing is I never asked anything, they just thought it was one of the best
biggrin.gif

They are not listing it anymore on their website (for their 2010 rank), but I'm still listed in their list on Mozilla addon website.

It's not a very popular add-on though, I only have 10 000 to 12 000 users daily, compared to Add-Block Plus, or DownThemAll! I'm very far away.
I'm still improving it though, but it's advancing very slowly, I don't get many bug reports from users
frown.gif
This is really quite impressive, and 10 000-12 000 users daily is certainly something to be proud of.

Also, seems like a pretty good plugin so +1 daily users.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you Mazor
grog.gif

I suggest you install the latest beta version, instead of the latest official release (which is 1 year old).
Betas are lacking only the localizations, But are (should be) working correctly.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The only 'work' of mine currently anywhere on the internet is my fanfic projects up on Fanfiction.net. There's quite a few people adding them to their favourite story lists, more than an few even send me messages asking for new chapters when I seem to vanish without an update for months. So maybe that counts. I put a fair bit of work into those stories instead of the usual 'Lara Croft in the sixth form' or 'If Sephiroth was gay and in love with Cloud' stuff you tend to see on there. I'm hoping to get some time off over Christmas so I can get a bit more work done on them both. Call it a gift to the fans
smile.gif

Halo-101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use to run r4stillalive.webs.com and r4stillalive.weebly.com and Halo-101.weebly.com but now i just have 1 blog site dedicated to all my projects 4 people 2 view.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Halo-101 said:
i use to run r4stillalive.webs.com and r4stillalive.weebly.com and Halo-101.weebly.com but now i just have 1 blog site dedicated to all my projects 4 people 2 view.

that wasn't exactly the question...

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
OMG!! You're on a book? WOW!!

Perhaps luck does has something to do with us on another company's project like websites or book or simply on their projects.

How does it feel to be recognized and be watched and read by thousands of people?

633 people has listened to my sound mix and I was flattered it was hosted by the company who made the device. Gee....I cant explain this feeling but being able to be recognized infront of thousands of poeple sure is a big responsibility.

I will backread all the rest of the comments in just a few moments to see what you are al been up to with your recognized projects. Im so proud of you who made it to a famous company.

PS: 4chan is just another forum. sorry but i dont think it was viewed by other peope except for fans. I will backread your statements and try to understand. DOnt worry, after I post this, I will hopefully understand what you mean.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did take a picture that made the front page of the local paper and also went to their website.

I also had a video that I gave to the BBC and it was apparently played but I missed the broadcast. >:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome