Did you ever misinterpret lyrics from a song?

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's happen to me countless times, has it happen to you though? The latest this has happen to me was when I listened to Persona 4: Reach Out To The Truth.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
It's happen to me countless times, has it happen to you though? The latest this has happen to me was when I listened to Persona 4: Reach Out To The Truth.
What was the meaning and what did you think it meant?

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
KirbyBoy said:
What was the meaning and what did you think it meant?
I just thought I heard different words, once I look at the lyrics I saw what it meant.

I think I kept hearing the word "Homo" in it, no idea why.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Manfred Mann's Earth Band sang a song "Blinded by the Light" where in the chorus it says "Revved up like a Deuce," I used to think he said "Red roped like a douche". I thought it was the nastiest thing...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]EUhkN_VLGFg[/youtube]

I still hear "horny" instead of "hoodie"

I'm fine with either though, really.
smileipb2.png

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
Manfred Mann's Earth Band sang a song "Blinded by the Light" where in the chorus it says "Revved up like a Deuce," I used to think he said "Red roped like a douche". I thought it was the nastiest thing...
I heard it as
"Revved up like a Douche"

ph34r.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
My dad misheard the lyrics to a few songs over the years (hardy a shock, he's damn near deaf at this point) and when he explained his mistakes to me all I could hear in my head from that point on was the altered lyrics he heard in his head. Examples:

[youtube]L_fCqg92qks[/youtube]

Now I, and every other person with decent hearing on this Earth, and indeed anyone with any sense, knows that the lyrics are mostly just 'Call on me' repeated ad nauseum. Evidently there's some sort of word shortage going around, wouldn't want to waste them on genuine lyrics, right? My dad misheard it as 'Corned beef'. And now every time I hear this song all I can hear is a song about corned beef. I bet you can hear it now as well. Enjoy your ruined music
tongue.gif

Incidentally, that's not the only one he ruined. Here's a second.

[youtube]WbrSLLv0AlA[/youtube]

This one's not so bad since the lyrics have a little diversity to them, if not any skill. But I swear every since he told me this, all I can hear in the chorus is that he's 'getting deep fried now'.

Thankfully so far he's only ruined crap songs. But then good songs are so rare these days he's not had an opportunity to attack one yet.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
My dad misheard the lyrics to a few songs over the years (hardy a shock, he's damn near deaf at this point) and when he explained his mistakes to me all I could hear in my head from that point on was the altered lyrics he heard in his head. Examples:

[youtube]L_fCqg92qks[/youtube]

Now I, and every other person with decent hearing on this Earth, and indeed anyone with any sense, knows that the lyrics are mostly just 'Call on me' repeated ad nauseum. Evidently there's some sort of word shortage going around, wouldn't want to waste them on genuine lyrics, right? My dad misheard it as 'Corned beef'. And now every time I hear this song all I can hear is a song about corned beef. I bet you can hear it now as well. Enjoy your ruined music
tongue.gif

Normally I don't laugh at people who have hearing impairment, but this one I just have to laugh at. After listening to the song then reading the rest of your post, I can now hear the "corned beef". The song does make it sound though like it says corned beef, so I don't blame your dad at all. But it's just funny how he would think somebody made a song just saying corned beef.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
Classic Vacant Lot skit:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9_3nQFNy-w[/youtube]

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely. I can't believe what I thought the lyrics to certain songs were, and then looked them up and saw how different they actually were. Disturbed - Remember is one of them. System of a Down - B.Y.O.B is another, for example.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty much every System of a Down song

also, every screamo song, i misinterpret them all as RAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR, but i can only find lyrics for about half of them anyway

some really good, specific examples i absolutely cannot remember right now, i think one was an Evanescence song

also, i thought i was misinterpretting Stupify by Disturbed for the longest time, i thought he was saying "FUCK!" at the end of every line, then i looked it up, and turned out he was, lol
[youtube]CQBNH3UFEC0[/youtube]

Edit: also, @Blase, the second video didn't really work because the "getting" actually sounds like "better"... which it actually is, i cannot put the connection in there, but i totally got the first one

P.S. Everybody's going to the party have a real good time
Dancin' in the desert, blowin' up the sunshine

BLASTOFF!!!!

Edit 9001: Bonus song, i had no freakin' idea what he was saying in the chorus and the end until i looked it up, but it's still one of my favorite songs
[youtube]BsIXGVOvah8[/youtube]

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KirbyBoy said:
All the times. A good example would be this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKlCEUngHB0[/youtube]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back