Did you enjoy Red Steel?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by nileyg, Jun 28, 2007.

?

Did you?

1. Hell Motha Fuckin Yeah!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It was ok...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 28, 2007

Did you enjoy Red Steel? by nileyg at 5:37 AM (2,072 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. nileyg
    OP

Member nileyg GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Personally... I loved it...
    But it dosent seem that many share my opinion [​IMG]

2. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Didn't like it at all, too many other good games to be playing to waste my time.

3. jono_

Member jono_ GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    never played single. heard it was crap.
    but 2 player with my brother provides a source of fun.

4. Warm Woolly Shee

Member Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hated how jerky the aiming was, didn't play more than a few minutes.

5. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    From what I played so far it's ok (about 40%). Don't know if I will continue cause lost interest in it...

6. shonosuke

Member shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    It was awesome after you get used to the controls
    but the swordfighting was dissapointing since theres no multiplayer swordfighting

7. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    I've played through about 60% of it.. It's a pretty good game.. You can definitely see they've put a lot of effort into it. I keep meaning to pick it back up and get into it. Haven't played it in months.

I enjoyed it somewhat. But it was just so buggy, and the controls were a bit touchy. It feels like it was rushed to launch which most probably was. The only thing I downright hated was the zooming... That just really doesn't work very well. Especially in a heated battle.

Definitely looking forward to the sequel. [​IMG]

8. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I loved it. The implimentation of the sword fights was really weak. It also got too hard at the end. I found a check point was missing, so I never finished it.

9. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    i enjoyed the game overall, I thought a lot could be improved in a fully fledged sequel, but with what was there it wasn't too bad. The sword fighting was messy at best. The entire game was pretty easy - the best stage was probably with the giant bunnies and power rangers characters, the rest of the levels were so so.

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I thought it was alright, I could see there was a lot of effort put into it it was just a shame that Ubi Soft HAD to have it as a launch title. I can see why people don't like it and I can see why people love it, but I think that it would be one of those games that Wii players won't like after a couple of years. It did remind me a little of Die Hard Vendetta on the GC, which I used to love but now I think its ok.

I know there sequel is in the works so lets hope for online and all of the first games flaws will be ironed out.

11. nycwii

Newcomer nycwii Advanced Member

United States
    i loved it the controll could have been improved tho

12. yorch

Newcomer yorch Member

Spain
    I'm loving it right now, it's got that goldeneye feeling. much better than what people says.

13. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    no, it was buggy as hell, it was the only decent launch game unfortunalty and i haven't touched the game since i brought it at launch.

14. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    It was fun until I beat it, then I didn't want to even touch it. It's a strange feeling.

15. Bruinbaard

Member Bruinbaard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Bought it and played it like a few days but i just never want to continue.i don't know why

16. SnickS

Member SnickS GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    There where some things that just didn't where right but overal I think think it's a great game.

edit: there are actually no options in this thread for my opinion xD Hell Motha Fuckin Yeah!!! is too good, but it was ok... is too bad xD

17. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    My personal review:

"Meh..."

18. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    I stopped playing at about 80% after a sniper shot me.
    Now I'm not a bad player or something like that, but when the sniper is levitating in thin air, twenty feet above you, you take the game and return it to the store.
    I'm not even gonna talk about the swordfight mini-game. It's an insult to the wiimote.

Fuck ubisoft. Fuck them long, fuck them hard, fuck their skulls.

19. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    yeah, to make the most out of the game i downloaded a 100% save to unlock all the weapons from that bar hidden downstairs only to find out i didn't have access to them whenever i wanted, what made it worse is i couldn't backup my own savegame ¬_¬ meh maybe one day i will play through it again.

20. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    the gameplay stays just as repetitive throughout the game, but the game has some pretty impressive graphics towards the end

what really pissed me off about the game was that after finishing it, it overwrote my savegame without asking, so I'd had to play through the game again to see the alternate ending [​IMG] (which of course, I didn't [​IMG] )

other than that, the game is okay...no TimeSplitters game, but certainly worth the DVD-r for those with a modded Wii [​IMG]
    the whole story and setting just isn't what it was promised to be...let alone that the first screens were clearly edited, and half of the announced features didn't make it into the game [​IMG]

I'm really looking forward to Red Steel 2, though...I hope that it will keep to the promises of the first one [​IMG]