Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a few things
1TB Micro SD ~$217
Razer Phone 2 and Jungle Cat Controllers ~446
4 Port USB 3.0 Hub and USB 3.0 Extension Cable.
2x 50 Dollars eshop giftcard for 90 total, spends it on Tokyo Mirage Session Encore and Breath of the Wild.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: HideoKojima

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I missed out on going shopping on Thanksgiving at Walmart, but things worked out. I was able to get the Netgear Nighthawk AX4 router for 99USD online.

Then there was the TV ordeal...

Their site showed the 65" Vizio (V series) for 398USD was able to be bought online. A couple hours after the order had gone through, a cancellation and refund notice was emailed. My gf called them up a couple days later (after visiting the local store and them not being able to do anything). The guy told her he could honor the M series Quantum set for the same price (after it was purchased and a refund was sent for the extra cost). After the order was finalized, he tells her it was going to cost 598USD. She talks to the supervisor and he listened to the recording. He heard the guy agree to it at the same price and said he would send a refund and it would be 400USD flat. The next day it shows that a refund was sent for even more than that and we ended up getting the 750USD set for less than half price (after tax) @ 378USD!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bought a 64 GB microSD at a "local" store because I lost the one I had (not that I actually needed one, and it wasn't that cheap even by physical shop standards)

The "big purchase of this year's ever extended holiday season" was made yesterday from the classifieds, an eMac G4 :D

Voted yes because it's very difficult to replicate the one of 2 years ago, when I (and no doubt many others) bought a PS3 for cheap, with pretty much every seller (professional or private) not knowing the first softmod since 2011 had released the day before!

Last edited by Ryccardo,

PuNKeMoN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I chose to stay home that day, and not add to the already oppressive workload those poor retail employees were forced to bear.

Bollocks to any consumer who chose to venture out on that day and add to the crowds, full parking lots, and long lines in order to obtain useless merchandise that won't fill the empty void in their soul.

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bought a bunch of shit. Bought an Xbox One Controller on sale (which was supposed to go to my brother, but I decided to keep it), a portable charger for my mother, some rechargable batteries for the controller as well as a Wiimote I have lying around, and five pairs of underwear because mine were as old as Earth itself. Almost bought a new pair of shoes as well, and missed the opportunity of buying some bluetooth earbuds.

All of this stuff ended up being somewhat cheaper than if I bought them at a different time, and I had the money, so it wasn't much of an issue. Still, I don't plan on spending more the next few months.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess black Friday lost its charm. People used to buy more stuff, but now they tend to buy what they need more than what it's cheap or on sale.

Not on Black Friday per se, but once I got my discount card (hooray for working those days, thankfully I didn't end up as a victim of a real life steamroller like the poor souls who had to work in electronics that night), I got myself this sweet ass 55" QLED Samsung TV that can go to 4K and can output 120hz at 1920x1080 for about $500 after using both my regular employee discount card and the holiday discount card (it was 25% off total of a TV that's almost $800 after taxes where I live). And thus, the only part of my HTPC setup that was lacking is now made perfect!

Reactions: HideoKojima

Hardline

GBAtemp Advanced Fan and Power Metal Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
this

Attachments

• 41342-remington-mb4125-beard-boss-styler-1-pcs-20190215-085203-big-2x.jpg
    41342-remington-mb4125-beard-boss-styler-1-pcs-20190215-085203-big-2x.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 58