Hacking Did they update the stupidity out of the os?

sm1988

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks first post! anyway I ordered a ttds a few days ago it was the only one in my price range at the time but I was reading the reviews and it has an os so retarded it needs a government appointed handeler. I read that you can't seperate the save files from the rom list and there is no kind of file structure. I can live with that considering the price I paid but I am really hoping they cleaned those issues up.

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is nothing stopping you from creating a My Games, My Music, My Videos & My Photos Folder. The DSTT will find your games without a problem and Moonshell will find the rest.
When looking at the card on apc, just sort the fyles by type and that may be easier for you to view. Of course dedicated folders for saves and games would be nice, but ... that's the DSTT and the current firmware!
What exactly do you find frustrating about the DSTT file arrangement?

sm1988

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing really I was just hoping that the save files would not be visible in the rom list that is the main thing And I hope things like .gb files would not be visible except by the emulator but if the save files are not visible that would be cool I am just a neat freak on thing like that same goes for my psp
yaypsp.gif

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fair enough. For ease of management splitting the games and saves may be an advantage. Are you otherwise happy? Had any other issues with the os? I know 1.07 is pretty recent, but as the card matures, I 'd hope to see a 1.07+ with some other cool things such as the ability to change skins on the fly.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think being able to create your own folders is a good thing. Unlike the DS Real where you have to put the roms in a specific folder!

though the DS Real is a good card not downing it
smile.gif

Steamroller

Trophies
XP
Country
I separate the saves into a folder manually every time i connect it to my PC but they dont show anyway. I have issues with the "OS" but thats not one of them.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I separate the saves into a folder manually every time i connect it to my PC but they dont show anyway. I have issues with the "OS" but thats not one of them.

I thought the .sav file had to be in the same folder as the .nds file for it to find them. If you move them, do they stay where you put them, or do they get written to the same folder as the .nds file next time they're written?

-Bri

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Bri

well that is true, the sav files not only have to be in the same directory, but also must have the same filename (excluding the extension). its just that some other cards are different in that it designates a folder just for save files, but the dstt does not. perhaps in a kernel update

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
.aznbrotha.,

I was reading Steamroller's comments as implying that the .sav files can be moved on the flash card after they are created and the DSTT will leave them wherever they are moved to. This would be possible if the entire flash card is scanned when it boots up and it keeps track of where all of the files are stored on the card.

But maybe Steamroller was just referring to making backups of the .sav files into a common folder. Steamroller, can you clarify?

-Bri

Steamroller

Trophies
XP
Country
I was referring to backups, i share the DS with my wife so i maintain separate save files when needed and swap them back and forth and it leaves it be. I do organize games into folders of 10 to keep the whole thing clean and easy to handle and the card reads it all fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1