Did star wars rogue leaders rogue squadron wii ever get leaked?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Bubbypop, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Bubbypop
    OP

Bubbypop GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2015
    Thanks

2. Tarmfot

Tarmfot Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2015
    It would be great.
    Cannot be gamecube rogue titles be played with wimote+nunchuk way using nintendont?

I think another star wars game with wimoteplus never get released too. :(

Last edited by Tarmfot, Jul 8, 2017
  3. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2004
    nope, to this day, no one has leaked it, wouldn't be so bad if it was unfinished, the annoying thing is the game was complete...

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    its a shame but i doubt it will be leaked anytime soon if ever, maybe someday they get this game and just port it to the consoles at a time :P

5. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2004
    i know for a fact that the son of the factor 5 boss posts on the forums for the dolphin emulator and has said that his dad has a copy of the game sitting in his wii, he won't however leak it though, it's a shame legal bs gets in the way, as it seems silly that you can't leak a game for a obsolete console.

The game is said to contain the first rogue squadron game as well, not sure if it's remastered though and i don't think battle for naboo is included. One of the new things is supposedly the on foot missions now play like a normal 3rd person shooter without the weird camera angles.

Last edited by RanCorX2, Aug 11, 2017
  6. smf

smf GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    Would it seem silly if it was known that you were the only person with the game and lucasfilm has a whole load of laywers who are sitting around waiting to take action against any copyright infringement?

I'm not sure you'd be happy to be sued into bankruptcy just to please a bunch of kids on a forum, but maybe I'm wrong. It may also affect any future business deals.

It's a shame of course, but not silly.

Last edited by smf, Aug 11, 2017
  7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    first you had to prove it was him that leaked it lol he can just let somone borrow it and ssomeone dumps it and releases it or he can even say it was stolen and etc, there is manny ways to bypass stuff.

8. smf

smf GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    Maybe if you and the people you're trying to fool are 5 years old. Why would a grown up take a risk to their career for random people on the internet?

9. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    I think i heard about something like this in a pat the nes punk video. I think he was saying something about beta and prototype builds of both released and unreleased games get held hostage in private and the only way they would become either known to the general public or dumped for preservation purposes is if the person died and their assets went into the hands of someone willing to release it.

10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    lots of people just leaked alot of unreleased games and betas and protos and i havent heard of a single case of anyone ever being sued for all their money or even fired, not to mention the studio was closed so they probably dont even know where all the copys are since the game probably had quite afew devs and any one of them could have a copy of a beta or proto or whatever.

cvskid likes this.
  11. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Could be wrong on this but i only know of 1 case where this could be true, die hard 64 for the nintendo 64.

12. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    I bet they've announced the game, but never actually really worked on it.

13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    atleast that game turned into die hard vendetta it sure looks like it i played it on the gc and everything on that gameplay footage looks like vendetta xD

cvskid likes this.
  14. smf

smf GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    You should tell him that, I'm sure he will care.

15. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2004
    The game is 100% complete, it's sony and factor 5's fault for agreeing to make that crap lair game and then loosing money and then going out of business because of it.

p.s i'm 33, not some "kid". been waiting for someone to leak the game since those trailers leaked sometime ago, sadly no one seems to know how many copies exist, stuff gets leaked all the time, hopefully one day someone will just dump it on the web for all to see.

16. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    sony forbid SW game somehow or what?

17. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    No, the last game Factor 5 made with Sony bankrupted the company.

18. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2004
    a cancelled game is annoying but a complete game never released is just a waste.