CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
to do with you getting a wii? I can honestly say it has for me if it was like a ps3 where you couldnt play pirate games i probably would of never got one.

paulwesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the wii for my wife she wanted 1 for a year . all I really do with it is see how for I can mod it without bricking it . the rest of the family plays it 20 hrs a day . For games I love my PC consoles are ok but puter games beat them all.
yaypsp.gif

squirrel420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really. i get consoles so i can play the games i want. whether or not they can be modded isn't too high up on the list.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmmm, I would be lieing if i tell it has nothing to do with it... It has, but wasn't the main point.
I bought a Wii becaus most games can be played in fast "turns", i mean, you can play a little, save and came back after. Since i don't have the same amount of time i used to have when i was younger, i can't play most of the games for a long period of time straight...

(I'm sure there is a lot of grammar ans spelling errors here...)

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
toguro_max said:
Hmmm, I would be lieing if i tell it has nothing to do with it... It has, but wasn't the main point.

This. I mainly bought it for Super Smash Bros. Bawl, which is the only game I've actually bought (besides Harvest Moon as a gift for my little sister). Backups are a nice addition, I can't lie, but still, %95 of my Wii time is dedicated to SSBB.

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was launch for me
biggrin.gif

I would've stayed overnight at the local EB Games if I wasn't on vacation. I REALLY started obsessing when Brawl was announced (I still remember the day...) and the fact that Guitar Hero is on it. Now I mostly pirate stuff, which usually turns out to be crap. If it's good I buy it though!

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being able to use backups is great and all, but that don't mean jack when your library is limited

I'm a happy PSWii60 owner, and while the Wii has been getting a lot of usage lately, even with my ability to have whatever game I want within an hour of wanting it I still have a larger library of games on the other two systems.

Hopefully this will change one day.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G2K said:
Xta Large said:
...even with my ability to have whatever game I want within an hour of wanting it...
Woah, you can torrent things that fast? Or do you mean going to rent it then copy it over?
Dark-Felines Entertainment, man, they're fast as shit over there, real cool site (if ya don't get it ya don't get it)

Sometimes I use my bro's comp which has a shitty connection so I just (and this is a real great technique for anyone who's interested) use a program called jDownloader and use those long megaupload/rapidshit lists you can find all over the internet.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy was the farthest from my mind. I had gotten semi-sick of console gaming over the previous 5 years or so as a mix of owning (MS aside) all the other major things from 1995-current and most handhelds too (Nintendo, Sega, Sony, SNKhandheld, NEC 'Duo'.) Things started getting boring enough I couldn't make myself be at the tv for long so portables got me. But with the promise of what Wii could do with the motions I noticed it would be great for FPS titles, camera interaction, new un-thought of ideas, RTS, and other 'mouse' using type things so I jumped in.

Nintendo has slightly disappointed me as Brawl and Kart were complete trash compared to their GC counterparts and before. Outside that 3rd parties were the only real let down outside of people like EA (MOH H2), Capcom kinda was in there good, and little else up until later 08 hit and miss, and greatly this year from May forward. It's too early to form an opinion for someone wanting to be fair, not just in it for excuses...but going into 2010 or 2011 we'll know if it has enough to stand on it's own without piracy being a factor in general for people outside of scum who just steal whatever for any reason that fits.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I initially bought the Wii because I thought it was a good idea at the time, but then having seen the amount of crap coming out for it, I promptly sold it and used the money to get a PS3.

The only thing I miss about the Wii is the VC, Wiiware and the associated homebrew, twilight hack etc.

The Wii will ALWAYS be a gimmick in my eyes - just because it has a feature (wiimote) that is different, it doesn't mean it has to be used in every game.
Also 'shovelware overkill' has ruined my respect for Nintendo.
I think the handful of games that are worth playing, are not enough for me to reconsider purchasing another Wii (regardless of the VC/Wiiware).

Were it not for the fact the the DS still has a something going for it, Nintendo would have been wiped out of my existance in a flash.

Views expressed attach only to the correspondent.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Xta Large said:
G2K said:
Xta Large said:
...even with my ability to have whatever game I want within an hour of wanting it...
Woah, you can torrent things that fast? Or do you mean going to rent it then copy it over?
Dark-Felines Entertainment, man, they're fast as shit over there, real cool site (if ya don't get it ya don't get it)

Sometimes I use my bro's comp which has a shitty connection so I just (and this is a real great technique for anyone who's interested) use a program called jDownloader and use those long megaupload/rapidshit lists you can find all over the internet.

Something easier would have been bad luck entertainment sheesh. Everyone knows its blackcats.

Also I'm glad everyone uses torrents. Makes everyone stay away from usenet. =)

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I bought a wii, have a backup launcher installed for me, happy and ready to pirate. Then I realised theres so many terms and things for me to learn before I pirate and that most games that require prephirals aren't fun without them.

So now I buy the games instead. But I bought it mostly because of the motion sensing and the fact thats its a Nntendo product so there will be quality Mario titles.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)