Gaming Did Nintendo figure out a workaround SX Stealth Mode?

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did Nintendo figure out a workaround SX Stealth Mode?
The reason I am bringing this up is because I have a banned switch that I never use online for anything, never turn stealth mode off, In fact I keep the wifi disconnected and in airplane mode and have no kiddos around or even let anybody use my console for that matter, and yet all of a sudden alot of my games seem to require a system update to play.
Granted I am on a v1 unpatched, sx core, sysnad on 11.0.0 and cfw 3.1.0.
How does a game just all of a sudden know it needs to update the system software when it IS NOT online ever?
How is that even possible without Nintendo finding a workaround stealth mode?

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I am bringing this up is because I have a banned switch that I never use online for anything, never turn stealth mode off, In fact I keep the wifi disconnected and in airplane mode and have no kiddos around or even let anybody use my console for that matter, and yet all of a sudden alot of my games seem to require a system update to play.
How does a game just all of a sudden know it needs to update the system software when it IS NOT online ever?

Power off
Power on CFW side
At Red Logo hold Volume up and Volume down
Maintenance mode loads
Hold power until switch shuts off
Update nag will be gone

I find it strange as tx never did this to me in the past

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The reason I am bringing this up is because I have a banned switch that I never use online for anything, never turn stealth mode off, In fact I keep the wifi disconnected and in airplane mode and have no kiddos around or even let anybody use my console for that matter, and yet all of a sudden alot of my games seem to require a system update before I can play.
I've always wondered this as well. I had my 3DS with me in airplane mode when I went to go buy Smash 4 for it. I pop the game cart into the 3DS when I get to my car, and I get an unpassable prompt that I need an update to play. I tried many times to get past the prompt, but nothing worked. I was furious, because that meant I couldn't even play on my car ride home, I had to get online to update it. Does that mean the cart doesn't contain the entire game data? Or is there some kind of update timebomb in the firmware that goes off after x amount of weeks? What kind of fuckery voodoo magic is this, where a 3DS or Switch can detect a game needs updates while the system it's on is offline?

Last edited by Jayro,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've always wondered this as well. I had my 3DS with me in airplane mode when I went to go buy Smash 4 for it. I pop the game cart into the 3DS when I get to my car, and I get an unpassable prompt that I need an update to play. I tried many times to get past the prompt, but nothing worked. I was furious, because that meant I couldn't even play on my car ride home, I had to get online to update it. Does that mean the cart doesn't contain the entire game data? Or is there some kind of update timebomb in the firmware that goes off after x amount of weeks? What kind of fuckery voodoo magic is this, where a 3DS or Switch can detect a game needs updates while the system it's on is offline?
Game carts include a update on them. At least on the 3DS. If you would update ,it would just download the firmware from the game cart.

Reactions: zxr750j

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Game carts include a update on them. At least on the 3DS. If you would update ,it would just download the firmware from the game cart.
That's the weird thing though, I was already on the most current firmware. And my 3DS was unhacked at that point.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it didn't work for me and I am not a noob!
Everything was fine until I updated the 2 games offline manually!
Then thats why you got the system update nag. This is nothing new, certain new updates/dlc requires the latest Firmware. The question is what were those games you updated and how recent were their updates?

Last edited by MasterJ360,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've read more people with SX also gotten "update" nag on games. Uhm... is the stealth totally broken in the update?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read more people with SX also gotten "update" nag on games. Uhm... is the stealth totally broken in the update?
I do get a cloud save scan nag on certain games that support it, but stealth mode blocks it and I can still play the game. If they updated their games after the 11.1 was released then ofc it will prompt them to update even for atmosphere users that use incognito. Sxos is fine stealth mode prevents Nintendo connectivity not Firmware compatibility. OP even stated his WIFI was off.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I do get a cloud save scan nag on certain games that support it, but stealth mode blocks it and I can still play the game. If they updated their games after the 11.1 was released then ofc it will prompt them to update even for atmosphere users that use incognito. Sxos is fine stealth mode prevents Nintendo connectivity not Firmware compatibility. OP even stated his WIFI was off.
Okey, I'm just utterly confused and trying to figure out what's up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.