Hacking Did my SD gone bad? How to go back to 4gb stock sd?

seth88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, i received my 2ds xl yesterday and followed the guide from 3ds.hacks to install CFW in it. Everything went fine, installed cias and played some games.

I also installed twilight menu via universal updater and played some DS games just fine.

Today i tried to copy other cias to my 64gb sandisk card (bought from amazon and registered in sandisk website) but after the copy some of the cias were gone in fbi. Tried to install any cia and gave me an error 0xC960454B. I returned to PC copied again the cias but the same thing happened. Then i exit FBI to home screen and all games were gone including fbi and other cfw tools. Connected to PC again and all files were there. I tried to format again with guiformat but after the format the files were still there.

Then i tried slow format option, when it finished all files were there too. So is there anything else i could try? I have the backup of this sd card. To have all my games again i just copy it back to it (if i manage to fix it) or another new micro sd?

And if i can't fix this sd card and need another one, how can i use the stock 4gb card that came with the system? I have the backup made after the cfw install, but with no games. Is there any problem just copying this backup to the 4gb card and using it since there were some games previously on the 64gb card?

Another thing i was thinking is if the sd slot on the 2DS itself is broken in some way and is currupting the sd card, how can i test this?
Thanks in advance.

seth88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the 4GB card work then the problem isn't the slot, test your card with H2testw for Windows, or F3X for Mac.
Thanks. will do this. Right now it is formatting for the third time, now using minitool. If it finishes and still shows the old files i'm kinda sure that the card gone bad, but will test with h2testw to be sure.
I created a backup from my sd after i installed the cfw. Is around 20mb without the sysnand backup. If i can't use the 64gb card, can i just copy these to the 4gb card and use the console? Or should i wait for another 64gb card?
EDIT: No luck. After a long time formatting with minitool, the card disappeared from windows explorer but still show on the minitool program with 35gb used space. So, i can't even test it now with h2testw.
EDIT2: I copied my backup to the old 4gb card, the console booted fine, but without FBI, Anemone and other tools. Should i just install again following the guide from 3ds.hacks?
EDIT3: Tested the card, no errors found, but all the files created by h2testw disappeared automatically. Is like the card is write protected but is not. I am now using the stock 4gb card and used the same adapter to transfer files.

I also installed a super mario 3d land and played for a bit on the 4gb card with no issues, so i think the problem is with the 64gb card.
Is there anything i should do or should i just ask for a replacement?

Last edited by seth88,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: