Gaming Did My Computer Just Die?

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, today we planned to go to Trader Joe's, before we left my Dad shut down the computer. After a few minutes, my Mom decides not to go, so we didn't. When we came back, my Dad tried to start up the computer. He pressed the power button the turn it on. nothing happened. So he called me to try to help him. I unplugged the charger for a few seconds and plugged it back, then held down the power button for four seconds at the most. Then the light for the "Lightning Symbol" turned on for a few seconds then turned off. So, has this happened to anyone? Could someone at least try to help me, if they are good with computers? Is my computer really dead?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
So I'm guessing its a laptop due to
QUOTE said:
I unplugged the charger for a few seconds and plugged it back, then held down the power button for four seconds at the most. Then the light for the "Lightning Symbol" turned on for a few seconds then turned off.
?

Might be the battery.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
prowler_ said:
So I'm guessing its a laptop due to
QUOTE said:
I unplugged the charger for a few seconds and plugged it back, then held down the power button for four seconds at the most. Then the light for the "Lightning Symbol" turned on for a few seconds then turned off.?

Might be the battery.

Then the light for the "Lightning Symbol" turned on for a few seconds then turned off.
Might also be the power cord. Is there a status light on the transformer, like one that lights green when it's in use? I'd imagine that there should be.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of computer is it? I think that some computers, once they get to a certain low battery life, won't start up.

Keep it on the charger for maybe 10-15 minutes, then try again.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Remove the battery, try without battery.

Unplug charger, and keep it 15 minutes like that without the battery. Plug it in, and try again.

Go into a shop and ask to try another (new) Power Supply with it. Try with and without battery.

Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...