Did my Acekard 2.1 just die on me?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by DMPugh, Dec 31, 2008.

Dec 31, 2008
  1. DMPugh
    OP

Newcomer DMPugh Advanced Member

Canada
    I was playing Tetris DS earlier. I had to grab something quickly so I physically closed the DS (to put it in sleep mode). When I opened it up 2 minutes later my game was frozen. No problem, I thought to myself. I'll just restart the system.

But now my Acekard isn't even recognized. I just got home and formatted the memory card, put the latest AKAIO software on there and tried again. Still not being recognized.

I just bought this damn thing less than a month ago. Is this a common problem, and if so is there a solution?

I bought it from a semi-local place but I highly doubt they'd be willing to give me a refund.

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It's not a common problem, but it does sound like there may be a problem with your Acekard (or your DS). Do regular game cartridges work?

The Acekard has a 1-year warranty, so they should be willing to exchange it for a new one. If not, you can contact Acekard and I believe they will usually exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

3. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    doesn't seem like you are getting any FAT errors so it is probably something small with the contacts. As bri asked, do normal game carts work? if so then it's the AK2's contacts. Try putting a piece of folded paper on the sticker side and tape it so it pushed the contacts further toward the DS when inserted.

this doesn't seem like anything big IMO so don't worry. Probably something simple with the contacts since you aren't getting any FAT errors or anything when booting the card right? it just doesn't recognize correct?

4. DMPugh
    OP

Canada
    I'm not sure if regular DS carts work because to be honest, I don't own any other ones. :-(

Is it strange that this just cropped up after I attempted to put it in sleep mode? Is there any reason this could have happened?

I tried the paper thing and it didn't work. Is it possible the cart has damaged my DS?

5. DMPugh
    OP

Canada
    I'm not sure if regular DS carts work because to be honest, I don't own any other ones. :-(

Is it strange that this just cropped up after I attempted to put it in sleep mode? Is there any reason this could have happened?

I tried the paper thing and it didn't work. Is it possible the cart has damaged my DS?

6. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    my liver just died on me

happy new year

7. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    When you put your DS into sleep mode your Acekard most likely lost contact with your DS's slot 1 and that probably caused the freezing.