Hacking Did my Acekard 2.1 just die on me?

DMPugh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was playing Tetris DS earlier. I had to grab something quickly so I physically closed the DS (to put it in sleep mode). When I opened it up 2 minutes later my game was frozen. No problem, I thought to myself. I'll just restart the system.

But now my Acekard isn't even recognized. I just got home and formatted the memory card, put the latest AKAIO software on there and tried again. Still not being recognized.

I just bought this damn thing less than a month ago. Is this a common problem, and if so is there a solution?

I bought it from a semi-local place but I highly doubt they'd be willing to give me a refund.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not a common problem, but it does sound like there may be a problem with your Acekard (or your DS). Do regular game cartridges work?

The Acekard has a 1-year warranty, so they should be willing to exchange it for a new one. If not, you can contact Acekard and I believe they will usually exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doesn't seem like you are getting any FAT errors so it is probably something small with the contacts. As bri asked, do normal game carts work? if so then it's the AK2's contacts. Try putting a piece of folded paper on the sticker side and tape it so it pushed the contacts further toward the DS when inserted.

this doesn't seem like anything big IMO so don't worry. Probably something simple with the contacts since you aren't getting any FAT errors or anything when booting the card right? it just doesn't recognize correct?

DMPugh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if regular DS carts work because to be honest, I don't own any other ones. :-(

Is it strange that this just cropped up after I attempted to put it in sleep mode? Is there any reason this could have happened?

I tried the paper thing and it didn't work. Is it possible the cart has damaged my DS?

DMPugh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if regular DS carts work because to be honest, I don't own any other ones. :-(

Is it strange that this just cropped up after I attempted to put it in sleep mode? Is there any reason this could have happened?

I tried the paper thing and it didn't work. Is it possible the cart has damaged my DS?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When you put your DS into sleep mode your Acekard most likely lost contact with your DS's slot 1 and that probably caused the freezing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night