did i screw my modchip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by liquiddream, Apr 16, 2007.

Apr 16, 2007

did i screw my modchip by liquiddream at 12:26 PM (770 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. liquiddream
    OP

Newcomer liquiddream Newbie

Egypt
    i just bought a premodded japenese wii ,i don't know which modchip installed inside so instead opening my wii , i thought i might try the configuartion setup dvd for wiikey at which if it worked so i got the wiikey

i burned it put it into me wii ,i reads it as a gamecube dvd then i pressed nothing happen the wii just restarted from the begining and nothing appears.

so did i by any means harmed my chiped or not? anyway am in the process of downloading game to try myself so i was just wondering [​IMG]

2. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    Might need some more details before anyone can tell you what is happening.
    Can you turn on your Wii with no disc in and have the channels menu show?
    Can you still run originals?
    Is it possible you used the wrong region WiiKey config disc?

I've run the config disc and I don't have a WiiKey, I just used the SD card dumping tool. It ran fine.

3. liquiddream
    OP

Newcomer liquiddream Newbie

Egypt
    1-yup it turns and show everything
    2-i don't have originals yet
    3-i choosed while building the iso the japenese bootable configuration dvd am sure of that

seems the only way to know wat modchip installed is to open it

but since u run the config disc without having wiikey it didn't harm your chip inside right?

4. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    I think to know for sure what your chip is then you would need to open it.
    I certainly ran the config disc without problems, I didn't change any settings for the chip though.
    The different modchips that are upgradeable via DVD have different methods of performing the update. I am unaware of any way to harm one chip with another's update.

Maybe try build and burn another ISO? make sure you use the "BootableDisc_JAP.bat" file with the 1.2 disc download and it should be good. Maybe a bad burn? Poor media or a poor burner..?

Not really sure, good luck though.

5. noamkot

Newcomer noamkot Advanced Member

Israel
    I don't think you can damage your chip by using a configuration dvd that's meant to be used by a different chip.
    But if you can load the wiikey configuration disk one more time then it most likely means that your chip is undamaged.