Did I pay to much to get my wii modded?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shonosuke, Mar 16, 2007.

Mar 16, 2007
  1. shonosuke
    OP

Member shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I paid 100 euros but I also got a year of warranty so If it ever breaks down the guy will fix it for no charge

2. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    Meh, i wouldnt have paid 100, did you get the chip included in the price?

3. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    100euro is still cheaper then the price of another wii if you stuff it up [​IMG]

4. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    There's no fun in paying someone to do it. Modding it yourself is half the fun already.

5. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Here here. Programming your own chip and then installing it is double the fun, and it doesn't cost 100 euros, which is whatever in USD, I'm sure way too much.

6. alucard77

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, considering you live in Europe a 100 Euro is equal to $100. Here in NY the going rate is $80. So it's not that bad. The insurance thing is garbage, unless of course he is insuring the whole system. If that is the case, then you made out pretty well. Just in case your DVD drive goes later on within the year.

The good thing about having someone mod your wii for you is two fold. A- Peace of Mind B- If the guy messes up he will have to replace your Wii. Some of us here are more adventurous and will do the Wii ourselves for fun. But this fun can lead to a $300 loss. So all in all, you did pretty well.

7. 111111111

Member 111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    100€ including a chip would have been expensive (80€ / $110 / £55) would be the very most I'd pay, including chip.

100€ / £70 / $135 for just the soldering work is a massive rippoff - 5x more than he should have charged you.

8. alucard77

United States
    Not if the guy insures his work. $20 is about right if the guy takes no responsibility for the damage he may do to your system.

9. laurenz

Member laurenz GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Gezien je in holland leeft ben je nog best wel geript. Ik betaal €60 om mijn Wii om te laten bouwen dit weekend, met garantie op chip + ombouw!
    Ik weet niet waar jij woont maar als je een beetje in zuid nederland woont dan had je beter daar voor kunnen gaan.

English: Just saying he got ripped off, because i'm gonna pay €60 to get my Wii modded with WiiKey (includes warranty).

10. plexo

Member plexo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i charge £25 if you supply chip or £50 for wiikey aswell as installation, if anything goes wrong and its my fault i fix it myself if its a proper hardware fault ill uninstall the chip til whoever owns it gets it fixed (i also fix consoles) and i will fit it back in for £15 after its done.

eres a pic of 1 i fixed for a dude, red wires arre mine and orange 1's are his: www.consolehacker.net/wiikeyfix.jpg hehe not bad for a 16 year old ya gotta gimmie that, i also fix computers if anyone has any pc problems just pm me hehe hardware and software problems

abwa

11. plexo

Member plexo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    double post for some reason

lets make it funny

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. wii_ownz

Newcomer wii_ownz Member

Canada
    I installed it myself, I love soldering jobs, it's fun and simple. so at the end I only paid 40US for the chip. it works great, only if it can run the jap naruto game.

13. alucard77

United States
    Good deal Plexo, and nice soldering job there to on the fix. What the hell did that guy do to mess it up that bad?

I wish you were in my area, if all you charge is $50, with the chip and insurance, that is really a great great deal. By the way, your name looks very familar, any other forums that you were part of? Emugamer?

14. HopOnRocks

Newcomer HopOnRocks Advanced Member

Canada
    I think it is a bit too much, but as long as you are happy with it and it works, everything alright.

I'm paying some guy 80 dollars Canadian to do mine. Which is pretty good because it would cost me about 60 canadian to get one shipped. I'd just do it myself to save the money but I'm not the greatest with a soldering iron and I don't want to chance ruining my Wii.
    At least this guy will buy me a new one if he happens to break it, and he is giving me a 1 month warrenty just in case something else happening. So not too bad I suppose.

Now if only they will arrive faster in the mail. [​IMG]