Hacking Did I lose all my saves, I thought they were transferable?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a Blue 3DS I bought a Walmart and returned it due to the scratch issue I didnt know about, I actually went to gamestop and bought a limited edition NES one from GS instead. I was under the impression that the save files are saved on the microsd of the gateway, which it seems they are.

I had to reformat the sd card that I had my 9.4 emunand on and set it up with 9.5 on this new console. I started Link Between Worlds, no save progress, damn. Same fro Brain Age, Mario Party, etc.

Whats weird is Pokemon X did pick up right where I left off, so I knew there was something to it, it popped up with an message about new 3DS detected and that it was updating friends list. I then exited through the home menu (whoops, did I overwrite my save? I didn't save in game.) and now when I try to load Pokemon X again, it just get a black screen.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get these saves from my old 3ds to work on my new one? I really wanna save my girlfriends brain age progress! If I needed to flash a copy of my old nand to my 3ds it will not work. I overwrote it because my gateway would not boot to my old3ds nand on the memory card, although I thought they were not linked.

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I checked my microsd card, and there are no .sav files on there...I guess they were saved on the SD card in the DS...which I formatted for emunand and didnt back up...crap...but this doesn't explain why Pokemon X loaded its save the first time?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep they are stored on the big SD card...and I was too much of a rush to back it up, I just assumed they were stored on the gateway microsd card slot...I wish I had saved in Pokemon before I closed it...I can't explain how that could have happened...unless the save is embedded in the 3DS ROM?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Gateway stores the ROM's saves into the big SD card, so yeah, when you formated your SD you lost all your save files. Pokemon X (along with Animal Crossing, ORAS, Smash and a few others) are ROMs called Card2 because the savefile is stored in the ROM itself, that's why you didn't lose your progress. (but you will if you delete or replace the ROM).

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, lesson learned.

I deleted all the saves on my big sd and restarted pokemon x and now it boots but it says the save data is corrupted, anyway to pass this or do I need to force delete the save file?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a bit confused by what you are doing but all hope for your saves is not lost. Even though you formatted the SD card all that does is delete the index file. There are recovery programs you can use. Search and Rescue is a free one I used a few years ago.

Reactions: Random Joe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended