Did i just throw money away on an R4i sdhc dual core?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by security16, Sep 15, 2013.

?

Did i just throw money away on an R4i sdhc dual core?

1. Yep!

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No because I know how to fix it (please comment!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You should have just got the dstti

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sucked in you naughty pirate!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. security16
    OP

security16 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013
    So I bought an R4i sdhc dual core from here http://r4andmore.com/r4i-sdhc-dual-core-last-gen/
    Because I am kinda poor and I wanted it for my recently acquired and repaired DSI and to be able to use it in my ds lite as well.
    Well I feel that i've made a horrific error in my judgement as not only does none of the firmware versions work when I do get something that even remotely works none of the roms will load. I own 2 ds lites which it doesn't work and to add insult to it gets jammed in the card slot, and I have 2 dsi's one with version 1.4.5 and one with 1.4.a dsiware . From what i've read on various places on the internet I feel I may have blown $10

Here are photos of the offender and it's insides HNI_0089.JPG HNI_0090.JPG
    Have I blown my $10 or does someone know how I can get it to work.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Make sure you're downloading the right kernel, match the picture on the site. R4/i/-/SDHC (both teams) make a LOT of clones, copying various designs and kernels and so the downloads for one tend to not work for another.

3. security16
    OP

security16 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013
    I have tried several versions of the Kernel and none of them seem to work :'( I have emailed the dealer in hopes of them being able to give me the right firmware. I do believe it is the 2012 version though.

4. security16
    OP

security16 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013
    And I have given up all hope of this R4I ever working and ordered myself a DSTWO :nds: :grog:

Xexyz likes this.
  5. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    East Timor
    did you win the lottery or something ? you went from cheapest card to most expensive one. talk about been poor :)

6. security16
    OP

security16 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013
    I saved up money and oh my god IT WAS WELL WORTH IT! The DSTWO is about the same price as an average new retail ds game here so it was an intelligent investment. Just saving to get a second one for my son now even though I have bought him some proper games I want him to be able to watch his Dr who stuff on his DSi before bed.