Gaming Did I just get screwed by Square Enix

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I noticed that Square Enix released FF7 for the PC from this website - http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.250845500#.UB3tWE1lQf6

So, naturally, I purchased the game and it's download as we speak. But something very strange occurred when one of my buddies pointed out to me that the link suddenly stopped working, so I check it out and sure enough, the link died. What the bloody hell is going on? Did I just waste money on a prematurely released product that Square Enix pulled at the last minute or what?

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
final fantasy 7 has been out for pc for a long time.

windows
NA June 24, 1998
EU June 25, 1998

so i'm confused.

-another world

The RERELEASE, not the old one. This one is downloadable on PC, XBL and PSN.

this link should work but it's mysteriously dead http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.250845500#.UB3tWE1lQf6

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

windows
NA June 24, 1998
EU June 25, 1998

so i'm confused.

-another world
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/04/final-fantasy-7-officially-coming-soon-on-pc-exclusive-to-squ/

to the op:
http://vita.rpgsite.net/news/1876-final-fantasy-vii-appears-on-the-square-enix-store

looks like it might have been a mistake
send them an email in anyway

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

windows
NA June 24, 1998
EU June 25, 1998

so i'm confused.

-another world
http://www.joystiq.c...clusive-to-squ/

to the op:
http://vita.rpgsite....uare-enix-store

looks like it might have been a mistake
send them an email in anyway

I did, but the game's already downloading, I thought I somehow got scammed/screwed over. They really need to stop with the c**k teases.

retrodoctor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get this thread. You're downloading the game, but you were ripped off because the link died afterwards? If you're getting the game, aren't you perfectly fine?

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get this thread. You're downloading the game, but you were ripped off because the link died afterwards? If you're getting the game, aren't you perfectly fine?

Well, there were some people who were skeptical of my purchased because they couldn't access the link after I mentioned it to them. So, when I checked it out, it was dead. Now I feel like a moron for asking SE via email about the dead link and now they're going to deactivate my serial key as a result. That's why I'm worried. In essence, I'll be downloading a game I won't be able activate.

Edit:

However, there are numerous programs (virtual DVD/CD drives that bypass SecuROM and what have you) that graciously help one bypass restrictive DRM, so, either way, I will play this game.

Reactions: 1 person

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, there were some people who were skeptical of my purchased because they couldn't access the link after I mentioned it to them. So, when I checked it out, it was dead. Now I feel like a moron for asking SE via email about the dead link and now they're going to deactivate my serial key as a result. That's why I'm worried. In essence, I'll be downloading a game I won't be able activate.

Edit:

However, there are numerous programs (virtual DVD/CD drives that bypass SecuROM and what have you) that graciously help one bypass restrictive DRM, so, either way, I will play this game.
Honestly, you already paid for it and it's SE's fault anyway so it'd be kind of unfair for them to deactivate your serial (assuming they didn't deactivate everyone's serials after realizing their gaff) though I could see why they'd be concerned if you're downloading a beta or something that they uploaded by accident. Hope it all pans out for you either way.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit:

Honestly, you already paid for it and it's SE's fault anyway so it'd be kind of unfair for them to deactivate your serial (assuming they didn't deactivate everyone's serials after realizing their gaff) though I could see why they'd be concerned if you're downloading a beta or something that they uploaded by accident. Hope it all pans out for you either way.

I'll finish the d/l tomorrow, and you're right, getting upset about it isn't going to solve anything. It appears that those who downloaded it can't activate it due to DRM, which is why I mentioned that I'll have to "accidentally" find a way to bypass it.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm confused, Did they release it early by accident and you bought it? I want to buy it and I can't find anywhere to do so, Maybe I'm being retarded due to lack of sleep.

Oh god the game uses securom? :hateit: I bet it has activation limits too, BS!

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
this is quite ironic and funny at the same time.

Your doing it backward.
what you do.
1. Buy the games.
2. Downloading crack to play it.

what most people do.
1. Downloading cracked games.
2. Not buying it.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
According to the folks at qhimm forums, the bgm is ogg but they were converted directly from the old pc version's midi.
Man what a sloppy port. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: