Hacking Did I have to update my systems during a system transfer?

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the N3DS on day one, and had an XL since whenever the black one came out. I had already bought Cubic Ninja and was messing around with what little was out of the time, and it didn't seem very promising. So, when I got my N3DS, I didn't think twice about updating both systems to transfer my old content over.

I've kept my N3DS updated, so it's at 9.7.0-25U
Whereas I've kept my O3DS at 9.5.0-22U, in hopes that maybe something will become available for it.

Now I regret everything, and I'm wondering if there was an alternative solution that I eagerly overlooked.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No unless you did a bakup you are screwed your only hope is that someone find a way to decrypt nand and re-encrypt it for any 3ds a thing that may never happen for years

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about the system transfer? Was it necessary to update when I did, or was there an offline solution I could have followed?
No, there is no way to do a system transfer without connecting to the internet. You COULD, however, use emunand on one of the two systems, I think. Not 100% sure how that would work exactly though.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, there is no way to do a system transfer without connecting to the internet. You COULD, however, use emunand on one of the two systems, I think. Not 100% sure how that would work exactly though.

you can acess to eshop on <9.2 with eshop spoofing
There was 2 offline solution that spoof firmware

This and This one

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I immediately updated my N3DS to do the transfer when I got it on release day (a glorious MM3DS). So it was at 9.5 immediately. I new I was going to miss out on hackz stuff, but I figured I could still use my O3DS for that. So I used an emunand with my O3DS stuff and updated that to 9.5 and then transferred it. My O3DS emunand was wiped, my N3DS was on 9.5 with the stuff. And my O3DS sysnand still had everything my N3DS now has. Everything was golden. I put aside my O3DS for a few months, and now Pasta came out, so I restored my 9.2 on my O3DS and here we are.

I, stupidly, assumed 9.5 didn't have any special exploits, and updated my N3DS yet again, so now it's on 9.7. I'm really regretting that, because I have a feeling pasta will come out for 9.5, or at least a downgrade of some sort. So here's to hoping 9.7 gets an exploit, so I can downgrade/hack my N3DS. Until then, I'm using my N3DS for legit stuff, and my O3DS for hacking fun time.

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would have been perfect, but I don't think I had the capabilities to make an emunand. I also managed to get one of the MM N3DS, and if something was to come out for 9.7 that would be awesome, but at least I still have my O3DS with 9.5 just in case I get lucky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2