Hacking Did I Brick my Vita? :o

cgreen1693

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone can help provide me with a solution. I'm afraid I bricked my Vita. I'll start out by saying its a Vita Slim running Henkaku 3.60 through Molecular Shell and has Enso installed. No memory card but I have a SD2Vita and a 200gb sd card.

When trying to get the SD2Vita to work I ended up stupidly deleting the files within the ux0 folder using FTP.
This made it so I could no longer see the "Molecular Shell" and "Enso" app on my home screen(probably because they were installed in ux0).

Now at this point I figured I could copy my backup over using QCMA but I needed Windows to install it. Having a Mac I installed Windows 10 with bootcamp and stupidly formatted the wrong drive in the process. This drive had all of my Vita backups on it. FML right?

Anyways, am I f#*ked? Or can I recover those missing files from QCMA? When I try connecting my Vita to my PC through USB it says it cannot connect. And when I try Wifi I cant see my PC on the Network even though I enabled Network sharing.

The Vita itself still runs fine and boots with Enso but the Molecular Shell and Enso app are deleted.

Any glint of hope is much appreciated. :bow:

Update:
I ended up finding my files. I forgot I had them copied over to the SD card I was trying to use with SD2Vita adapter. Now I need to get these files back onto my system memory but I still cant connect to my PC :(

Last edited by cgreen1693,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qcma can restore the games as long as you made a backup of them. if you formatted the drive without any backup, you may be sol.

cgreen1693

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qcma can restore the games as long as you made a backup of them. if you formatted the drive without any backup, you may be sol.

Hi godreborn. I ended up finding a backup of my Vita internal storage files. I forgot I also backed them to my SD card using FTP. Praise the lord.

Is their any quick fix to getting my Vita to connect to my PC through my wireless network? Also, in what format should my backup files be in when trying to import from CMDA? Do they just need to be in a folder?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can modify qcma 's settings to scan the folder those games are in. if they're just a raw backup (without qcma), try putting the memory card on the micro sd card, then refreshing the livearea or rebuilding the database.

cgreen1693

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally got my a connected to QCMA by reinstalling the drivers for my Vita.

Now is there a way for me to just drag and drop my ux0 folder back onto my internal storage using QCMA?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qcma doesn't work that way. it sounds like you're trying to restore the memory card's files. those can be copied and pasted.

cgreen1693

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qcma doesn't work that way. it sounds like you're trying to restore the memory card's files. those can be copied and pasted.

Yes I'm trying to copy my ux0 folder back onto the internal storage. Is their a way I can access those files on the Vita form my PC? I cant use FTP because Molecular Shell was deleted(it was within the ux0 folder I deleted).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using an sd2vita (micro sd card)? maybe you should post a pic of the files and what you're trying to do. I don't really understand what you're asking.

cgreen1693

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using an sd2vita (micro sd card)? maybe you should post a pic of the files and what you're trying to do. I don't really understand what you're asking.

No sorry. My apps were installed onto the Vita's internal storage. Using Molecular Shell I connected to PC using FTP and deleted the ux0 folder which had my apps in it. I can no longer use Molecular shell to connect to my PC because its deleted. I do however have the ux0 folder backed up. That has Molecular Shell in it.

I was trying to get the SD2Vita to work when I deleted those files troubleshooting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No sorry. My apps were installed onto the Vita's internal storage. Using Molecular Shell I connected to PC using FTP and deleted the ux0 folder which had my apps in it. I can no longer use Molecular shell to connect to my PC because its deleted. I do however have the ux0 folder backed up. That has Molecular Shell in it.

I was trying to get the SD2Vita to work when I deleted those files troubleshooting.
I'm trying to get that ux0 folder back onto my vitas internal storage. But I have no Molecular shell.

cgreen1693

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita Slim. I was thinking I could transfer the MolecularShell.VPK to my vita using QCMA but now my Vita is telling me to connect to PS Network when connecting through Wifi.

I was gonna try the trick of changing the VPK extension to MP4 and then transferring to the vita to install.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you reinstall henkaku? I think it's R that can be pressed to reinstall molecular shell. it sounds like you have a mess on your hands, but I don't think it's bricked.

Reactions: datahoarder

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked!! I just had to spoof the version back to 3.6 and then spam R as Henkaku started. Thank you man!

Now I just have to figure out getting the SD2Vita to work.

try this. it's what I used: http://wololo.net/2017/07/20/setting-sd2vita-adapter-formatting-microsd-can-done-windows/

a day or two ago, I found yamt, which is a little better than the gamesd.skprx plugin, because it's integrated into enso. today is when I installed it. I'm making a backup at this very moment, because everything works correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.