Homebrew Did I brick my system?

Jackson O'Sullivan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was updating my system to the latest version to download the smash dlc, and now my system won't boot. I didn't downgrade out anything, I just had menuhax and ironhax installed. Did I just brick my system?

Noelemahc

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I was updating my system to the latest version to download the smash dlc, and now my system won't boot. I didn't downgrade out anything, I just had menuhax and ironhax installed. Did I just brick my system?
Menuhax is trying to boot on the new system and failing, I presume. What version did you update from? Did you remember you have to update the hax BEFORE you update the system?

You'll have to update the payload for menuhax. Somehow. Does the system boot with the SD card removed?

I should add that it turns on when I remove the SD card
Ah. You need to manualy update the menuhax payload on the SD card. There's guides on that strewn around the forums (I only use menuhax to start emuNAND, so I never had to UPDATE it), but I think it will be enough to update the menuhax_<symbols here>.bin file that's likely in the root of your SD card, you'll have to change the numbers in the filename to reflect your new firmware number.

Last edited by Noelemahc,

Robmead23

Trophies
XP
You probably had menuhax installed then. Remove sd card and put in after it booted then change theme. I believe that should sort it. Also you shouldn't double post just edit the original post

Reactions: Hoppy and The9thBit

tav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar problem. Tried to update just like OP, except that I received an error message. o3ds won't start up unless I take out the SD card.

Once I do take the SD card out, I can turn it on and put the SD card back in and try to start up browserhax to access HBL. What happens then, is that I'm stuck on the yellow screen. Also interesting to note is that I can't access the settings app anymore.

I can't figure out how to get me out of this odd situation. In the worst case, I made a backup of the NAND but I don't even know how to reapply the backup lol. Anyone willing to give me a hand?

Last edited by tav,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: okies :D put 'em here :O