Hacking Question Did I brick my switch from all the things that I've done ?

Kelvee218

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all,

I really need some assistance as I think I have bricked my switch badly.

I have a Switch with XAW100 and decided to hack it recently.
Silly me I decided to update the switch to the latest firmware and then followed steps on Youtube and Online to hack it.
I was unable to add games from xci or nsp for some reason due too all the errors.
After all that I decided to try and downgrade my firmware back to 8.1.0 with ChoiDujour
Now I can't turn on my Switch normally. I can boot into atmosphere using rmcloader but have error shown in picture.
I can boot to Hekate v5.0.2 with computer only.

What can I do to save my switch ??

If possible. Please show me step by step as to how I can fix this.

Much Thanks.

Attachments

• 182544.jpg
    182544.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 292

Kelvee218

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello TheCyberQuake. Thank you so much for your prompt response.

I did several backups but am not sure what to do with it. I have one called emuMMC and one that is called rawnand.bin. I have no clue how I can use them. Could you please let me know what I should be doing ? Much thanks.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You either:

Left autorcm on after downgrading. (Turn it off in hekate.)

or

You burned fuses after upgrading to 9.0, and downgraded to a 8.1.0 after already burning those fuses. You'll need hekate to boot in 8.1.0 if this is the case.

Last edited by JonJaded,
Reactions: nachuz

Kelvee218

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jonhy, Could you please guide me through how I can do either one of this ?

It took me a very long time before I was able to get back to hekate with my switch for some reason but I have no idea how you can turn autorcm off or boot in 8.1.0.

Please help. Thank you soo much.

* Okay I think I was able to turn AutoRCM OFF from hekate but I am still unable to run Atmosphere or anything. It'll show that error message again when I load.

How can I boot in 8.1.0 ?

Last edited by Kelvee218,

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
so if im right
when you normally upgraded to 9.0.0 you burned your fuse, so its normal after downgrading to 8.1.0 you can only launch it in RCM since it bypass fusecount, to be able to boot it again without rcm you need to get it back to 9.0.0

I was unable to add games from xci or nsp for some reason due too all the errors
it could be because you are in stock atmosphere CFW and you dont have the sigpatchs

for the error screen you linked when you try to boot in cfw : what are your version of hekate/athmosphere? are they the last available?
if not i had this screen with the previous atmosphere when i had a cardridge into the slot
so either dont put anything into the gamecard slot or update atmosphere if it isnt up to date
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

A/ damage assesment :
1/ did you do a backup of boot0, boot1 and rawnand.bin of your switch with hekate in 9.0.0 firmware before downgrading?
- if yes : go to 2/
- if no : go to B/
2/ did you put your switch offline (airplane mode) before doing anything cfw and never have been online since then?
- if yes go to 3/
- if no go to B/
3/ is the backup you said you made in 1/ have been done before doing anything hacky? (did you made it before booting into atmosphere and trying to install game and stuff?) and have your switch in CFW have always been offline
- if yes you are in the best scenario go to C/
- if no go to B/

B/ you can only "repare" the damages, there is a chance that you will be banned if you connected online with cfw but we will try to not make things worse:
- you will need to go back into cfw and update manually:
a. update atmosphere (0.9.4) and hekate (5.0.2) with the link up there
b. take the files to update to 9.0.0 with choixdujour
c. boot into atmosphere
d. update to 9.0.0
e. once its updated back into 9.0.0 go into ofw and go to D/

C/ put the backup (the 3 files : boot0, boot1 and rawnand.bin) into the folder sd:/backup/restore and restore it with hekate
once you are done go to D/

D/ whats next
check if you are banned, if you are just hack it on the go, if you arent follow the next steps:
- boot your switch into ofw, erase all wifi connection and put it in airplane mode
- then use this tutoriel to setup and emunand (choose the "emuNAND CFW (Recommanded)" option when they ask you to choose) : https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

an emunand is a copy of the sysnand (the original memory of the switch) that is located on the SD card
the idea is :
- keep your sysnand not hacked to play online to the game you own
- do cfw things into emunand while having it offline, never ever put it online or you will get banned (especially if you install nsp/xci)
the tutorial linked before will explain everything, read carefully

emunand and emummc are the same thing (to make it simple), in the switch the those words are used for the same thing

ps: in the "no" situation for A/ 2/ and 3/ i avoided making him restore a nand backup (dirty or not) if he have been online after having made said backup is because i heard that sent telemetry mismatching is pretty bad ban-flagging wise

Last edited by Engezerstorung,

Kelvee218

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Engezerstorung. Thank you so soo much for writing up such a long summary to guide me through this situation. I don't know what else I can do to thank you.

I am trying to follow your guide as closely as I can.

A/ damage assesment :
1/ did you do a backup of boot0, boot1 and rawnand.bin of your switch with hekate in 9.0.0 firmware before downgrading?

2/ did you put your switch offline (airplane mode) before doing anything cfw and never have been online since then? *I don't remember. I recall going online to have hb APP Store loaded. So I choose NO.
- if no go to B/

B/ you can only "repare" the damages, there is a chance that you will be banned if you connected online with cfw but we will try to not make things worse:
1/ damage repare :
b. take the files to update to 9.0.0 with choixdujour **** I am stuck at this part as to what I'll have to do. I got into Atmosphere this time and checked my system firmware is at 8.1.0|AMS 0.9.4|S
c. boot into atmosphere
d. update to 9.0.0
2/ go to D/

Please advise. Thank you once again.

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi mate , i had the same problem as you after downgrading back to 8.1 , all i did was delete the atmosphere folder in the sd card, then used my normal payload (reinx) to boot, all back to normal ,all my games , themes and emuz are working again , what a headache loll , never again, and make sure theres no game card inside switch, else that will throw error too, cant use game card no more , its broken even after downgrading back to 8.1

Last edited by litlnicky,

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Engezerstorung. Thank you so soo much for writing up such a long summary to guide me through this situation. I don't know what else I can do to thank you.

I am trying to follow your guide as closely as I can.

A/ damage assesment :

2/ did you put your switch offline (airplane mode) before doing anything cfw and never have been online since then? *I don't remember. I recall going online to have hb APP Store loaded. So I choose NO.
- if no go to B/

1/ damage repare :
b. take the files to update to 9.0.0 with choixdujour **** I am stuck at this part as to what I'll have to do. I got into Atmosphere this time and checked my system firmware is at 8.1.0|AMS 0.9.4|S
c. boot into atmosphere
d. update to 9.0.0
2/ go to D/

Please advise. Thank you once again.

well, you need to find the 9.0.0 somewhere online, i cant give link since it is copyrighted stuff

Kelvee218

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you litlnicky and engezerstorung.

Update: I was able to update to 9.0 and my switch was able to turn on when I press the power button at this moment. I am so relieved !

I have no idea if I am banned or not but at the moment I'm just glad that I can at least turn it on and play the games that I've paid and downloaded.

I will keep you updated while I try to figure out what to do next.

Thank you soo much once again.

Last edited by Kelvee218,
Reactions: litlnicky

Kelvee218

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone. I am encountering another problem now when I am trying to load into Atmosphere.

It was working and I was playing some games and then all of a sudden this ERROR Code Came up.

Fatal error: Failed to stat stage2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin)!

I tried replacing with Atmosphere files and all the games became corrupted.

Please help.

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I am encountering another problem now when I am trying to load into Atmosphere.

It was working and I was playing some games and then all of a sudden this ERROR Code Came up.

Fatal error: Failed to stat stage2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin)!

I tried replacing with Atmosphere files and all the games became corrupted.

Please help.
hi again, why dont you just downgrade back to 8.1 ? use ChoiDujour, too many problems on 9.0, stick with 8.1 for now , until all problems get ironed out properly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?