Did I brick my R4i Ultra? Need an expert opinion.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by AC/DS, Apr 14, 2011.

1. AC/DS
    OP

AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    Well I bought this second-hand DSi which came with a flashcard named R4i Ultra. I know it's not a good brand, but it came with the machine so I thought it would suffice for some time.
    I followed guides on this very site and managed to install a version of AKAIO on it. It worked.
    Then I found that in order to use Dsi Ware shop, I had to update DSi firmware (it was on 1.3).
    I realised that I'd first need to update the flashcard because the DSi probably could not read it after I updated the DSi to 1.4.1.
    So I found a thread with some links about how to do this, I tried to run the updater but it got stuck on 0%. Whoops! No good, I thought.
    Now the card does not seem to work at all, it does not appear in the DSi menu, WHATEVER I try to do. The paper trick, slightly moving flashcard, slightly adjusting the Micro SD etc.
    Can anybody confirm that the flash card is 100% bricked?
    Also is there no way to fix it? I only have my DSi available with 1.4.1 (I updated it anyway).
    Thanks for any input.

2. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

GBAtemp Patron
    AlanJohn is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2011
    Ukraine
    Canada,New Jersey
    Why look for a thread if you could have download the updater from the "official" site?
    On-topic: Yeah, your cart is bricked... But you can fix it!
    You just need to update it from an older DSi or an old DS Phat/ DS Lite.

3. AC/DS
    OP

AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    I could not connect to their website the whole day yesterday. It only became online in the afternoon, when my card was already bricked.
    And I don't have any other DS available, as I already said.

4. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

GBAtemp Patron
    AlanJohn is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2011
    Ukraine
    Canada,New Jersey
    Than get a new flashcart.
    I recommend the Supercard DSTwo or Acekard2i if you have a tight budget.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice