Did I brick my New 3DS XL

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I had a hacked New 3DS XL been working fine for the past 3 years. However, I took it out of the closet and the touchscreen is all screwed where I can barely press any button and the touchscreen is kept pressed at one particular point (touchscreen ghosting). Decided to take it apart and accidentally screwed the micro SD now. The micro SD cxrd is completely broken and my 3Ds won't even boot now. I have all the backup files on my PC but am I screwed?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had a hacked New 3DS XL been working fine for the past 3 years. However, I took it out of the closet and the touchscreen is all screwed where I can barely press any button and the touchscreen is kept pressed at one particular point (touchscreen ghosting). Decided to take it apart and accidentally screwed the micro SD now. The micro SD cxrd is completely broken and my 3Ds won't even boot now. I have all the backup files on my PC but am I screwed?
Copy you backup to a new micro-SD and update Luma3DS, including on CTRNAND:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: BigOnYa

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the reply, without getting too much ahead of myself should this work, the problem of the touchscreen will most likely still be there anything I can do about that?
Make sure the is no dirt between the frame and the touchscreen. Carefully clean everything. If this doesn't help, disconnect the touch panel. The console should work normally without the touch functions until you get an new touch panel.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you 'screwed' the Micro SD Card? In what aspect? My 3DS's SD Card one time got corrupted, and it wouldn't boot with it in. Take your SD Card out of the system and try booting it again.

edit: Also, bricked 3DSs have blue screens with a pixelated error message in the top left corner of each screen, if your 3DS is not like this, then there may be a glimmer of hope for it.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple