alexg1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where did I go wrong?

The FBI stuff won't load up...

It all seemed to be going smoothly,up until aroundSection III - Configuring Luma3DS of here:https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
After finishing this section, I pressed start to have it save and reboot like it instructs you to do. It didn't reboot though. It just stayed in a grayish dark screen until I had to turn it off.

Earlier in the guide, it kind of scared me into creating a nand backup before I followed a part of the guide that stressed repeatedly the importance of nand backups. Then when I was about to do the CTR TRANSFER thing, it prompted me to do another nand backup, so I did. I'm not sure if that was my mistake. So right now I have two nandico backups on my mem card

So I went back to the step before FBI injection, which i had skipped because I thought it wasn't meant for me given how it was worded, and I did that step. So now when I insert the SD card I used to actually follow the guide with, a 32gb micRo SD in a SD adaptor, it does boot but it doesn't load the FBI in the health and safety section. When I check my firmware version, it says 11.2.0-35u... so it's the same exact firmware it had when I bought it. Also, another strange issue right now, when I insert the SD card that came with the system, it won't boot up at all.

Last edited by alexg1989,

alexg1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

alexg1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you follow the steps to inject it into Health and Safety?
Yes, I did every single step of https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax up until Section IV Restoring the System. I initially skipped this part because I thought it didn't apply to me given how the text in the blue box was written. So I initially skipped Section IV and went straight to Section V Injecting FBI....

Then it wouldn't boot up. I figured that's cause I skipped the previous step. So then I did Section IV Restoring the System up to Step 5. The rest of it seemed to be for people who's nand backups were 3.0.0 or 4.5.0

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I did every single step of https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax up until Section IV Restoring the System. I initially skipped this part because I thought it didn't apply to me given how the text in the blue box was written. So I initially skipped Section IV and went straight to Section V Injecting FBI....

Then it wouldn't boot up. I figured that's cause I skipped the previous step. So then I did Section IV Restoring the System up to Step 5. The rest of it seemed to be for people who's nand backups were 3.0.0 or 4.5.0
You don't have to restore your system, but you do need your SD inserted for the system to boot. Just dump hs.app with Hourglass9, inject FBI on your PC, reinsert your SD and install the injected version with Hourglass9.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Let me get this straight. You skipped 4, did 5, then went back and did 4?

You know how these are numbered, and in a particular order? Yeah, they need to be done in order. Now that you've done 4, you need to re do 5, because you just overwrote whatever you did in 5 by doing 4 after it.

outeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You initially skiped restoring the System ?I think thats verry risky because of Firmware 2.1 not being verry stabele,but now that you are on Firmware 11.2 just install Fbi (or run it from the Hb channel ) and than just continue with the 3ds.guide (the step of installing arm9 Loaderhax to the ctrnand should fix your Problems with starting without a sd card).

Xiantyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the 3dsx version of fbi and launch it with soundhax from homebrew loader and install fbi from titleDB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?