Hacking did gateway get past the added security for the new3ds?

omgcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember there being a few posts about New3DS keyslot problems and that the new3ds would not have firmware 9.5 and up. i have updated to 9.5-23u so maybe they got around it?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
i remember there being a few posts about New3DS keyslot problems and that the new3ds would not have firmware 9.5 and up. i have updated to 9.5-23u so maybe they got around it?
Since emunand works on 9.5, I assume they figured it out (thx to y8's help).

tvo770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm assuming you update your sysnand and I have not back up the nand if that's the case no there's nothing that can be done and this has nothing to do with it being a new3ds what you're referring to have to do with the emunand and yes that was fixed.

omgcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming you update your sysnand and I have not back up the nand if that's the case no there's nothing that can be done and this has nothing to do with it being a new3ds what you're referring to have to do with the emunand and yes that was fixed.

nope, 9.0.0U sysnand with oot3d exploit into 9.5.0-23u emunand.

tvo770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, 9.0.0U sysnand with oot3d exploit into 9.5.0-23u emunand.

Yeah that was fixed the key decoding was cracked the post you are referring to is almost 2 months old it's one of the main reasons Gatewait was so long.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, maybe not, we don't know tbh. For what it's worth though, NATIVE_FIRM is fairly forwards and backwards compatible, I've managed to run a 9.5 updated firmware from a 9.0 NATIVE_FIRM just fine.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The arm9 encryption added in 9.5 was both unnecessary and redundant from a hacking perspective, as Shiny said. It didn't contribute one way or another to their release being delayed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: