Hacking Did Gateway fix bricking-issue on this Omega Version?

MrEl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know everyone's excited about this new patch, but I am still wondering if it's safe to use this version.
We still have bricking issues with flash carts, and Gateway did not specifically state whether they dealt with this issue on this version.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mathieulh stated he didn't find any bricking routines in the code [yet], but other than that, everything on whether or not there is bricking code in the present firmware is entirely speculation. I think gamesquest1 also tried to induce it multiple times through Diagnostics Test but to no avail in OMEGA firmware.

Reactions: zb123

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I haven't had near enough time to read all the posts in the Omega thread, but last I read, brick code is still present (your post, Bug_ Checker_) and by extrapolation of evidence and other sources it is far less likely to activate, left in dead code or something. mathieulh supposedly says "no brick code" (I've never seen as much, but I have no reason to doubt Saturosirus either). What's the real status?

While Omega so far has proven to be safe, I am curious as to if ANY brick code (that isn't a dead routine that just wasn't removed) is present... And the official thread is growing faster than I have time to catch up on it. I've been working 11 hours a day lately and life obligations on top of that mean I can't spend 2 hours a day on the temp. I wouln't have even found this thread if it wasn't on the "recent posts" box on the home page. If a definitive answer can be posted here, I'd certainly appreciate it as would be far easier for me to retrieve... Selfish, I know, but lack of time and GBAtemps crap search implementation (sorry, that thing sucks) leave me the beggar in this situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nude checkers get jumped