ROM Hack Did common sense fly out the window when this person made Citra?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Okay, so making an emulator for 3DS games is smart, because not everyone can afford a 3DS.

Wrong wrong wrong.
Emulators aren't made for piracy only.
Besides, if you cannot afford a 3DS, then you're not even allowed to pirate games for it.
Not to mention you shouldn't pirate at all.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might come as a surprise, but some emulators aren't built with the express purpose of aiding piracy.

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citra can't run many 3ds games. ANd those it does lags badly. Your better off buy a 3ds if you really want to play 3ds games.
I already have a 3DS, trying to help out a friend use Citra.
then you don't understand it, and didn't research how to decrypt 3ds roms.
it's like common sense just flew out the window.
I don't think you understand what common sense is. Would any normal person understand anything outside of what the Citra wiki provided?

Last edited by Deleted member 110780,

Makein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its that easy and common sense why dont you add to feature to Citra?
Because he have 3ds and don't interested in emulation?
Well, it's good that people make it, but really... Maybe not all games would be playable, remember ps2, psp, xbox emulator
I test psx, wii, nds and some older gen emulators and i think support of games almost all (don't find not working roms)

Would like to test in future 3ds and wii u emulators :')

D

Deleted User

Okay, so making an emulator for 3DS games is smart, because not everyone can afford a 3DS. What completely baffles me though is that the creator requires decrypted roms, and the only way to decrypt roms is to have a 3DS with custom firmware, since that is what is linked in the error message when you try to use a standard rom. Now why would you make a program to decrypt roms that only works on a 3DS with CFW? Doesn't make sense to me when most people who are trying to emulate 3DS games don't have a 3DS to begin with, with CFW to boot. Shouldn't you have a program that can be run on computers to decrypt roms? I literally can't even why the current situation is the way it is right now. Seems counter-intuitive.
Oh my gosh, guess what!!
IT'S NOT FINISHED YET!! It's NOT for people who can't afford a 3DS, it's for testing. Even if it was, it only has nightly build, so it's still beta. Get your facts straight before posting threads like this.

Reactions: NoThisIsStupider

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China