Hardware Did anyone ordered a powerbank?

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to several sources a generic 10w power bank cannot even keep the switch from battery drain. And the non-reenfoced cable won't be able to handle that charge either.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
migles is happy because uses the fucking standarm usb plug like every device nowadays
migles is sad because: it requires too much power\special specs that the usb deal is kinda broken

we can't have perfect things :(

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope and wasnt planning on it.
And as said in other threads countless of times. You need more power then your normal usb.
Start looking into latpop usb-c chargers.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are reports that some 5V 3A (per port) ones will slowly charge while playing. Anker and Ravpower have them. But ideally one that matches the 15v 2.6A of the AC charger should be used for optimal performance.

Best to wait a week or two for those with the proper meters to test models out because powebanks don't always actually deliver what the specs say they do.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nope and wasnt planning on it.
And as said in other threads countless of times. You need more power then your normal usb.
Start looking into latpop usb-c chargers.
I had a 20V 2.25A which I previously thought to be 9V 5A. Razer is making a 45w usb c power bank For Razer blade stealth and My pd 2.0 can regulate power to something the switch can hopefully handle.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Happy to report my iPad Pro 29W fast charger with an Apple USB C-C lead seems to charge the Switch faster than I imagined it would.
I'm getting around 10% increase in battery level in 15 mins whilst playing Zelda so happy with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Buttocks