did any of this snes model get made?

Super_NES_designs.png

(found on snes wiki page)

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The top one looks like it has Genesis control ports & the other one looks like N64 control ports >.>;;

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The top one looks like it has Genesis control ports & the other one looks like N64 control ports >.>;;
The ports in the top one just look like standard NES ports :P

Upon a closer inspection, I suppose it does. At a first glance it just made me think of these beauties

connectors.jpg

Onle one of those is actually a genesis port, apparently the other is some clone.. but still

Reactions: 1 person

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know. It also worked on other oldies back then like the Atari 2600, the 9-pin port was pretty common. I just couldn't see that the port did resemble a NES one upon a first glance at the picture, I haven't handled a NES controller in such a long time so the port doesn't exactly stand out to me :P

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be very interesting if Nintendo did make those kind of prototypes. But I don't see where the cartridge would go.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
Onle one of those is actually a genesis port, apparently the other is some clone.. but still
For me they'll always be Amiga Joystick and Mouse Ports :wub:

Serial ports… I think all the computers with GUIs from that era used them for Input devices…
They carry different signals than a serial port, so while they're both DB9 connectors, you can't really compare them.

Which explains why Genesis controllers can't be used with a USB serial adaptor…

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Serial ports… I think all the computers with GUIs from that era used them for Input devices…
They carry different signals than a serial port, so while they're both DB9 connectors, you can't really compare them.

Exactly ;) IIRC, there's a way to build a cheap adapter using a parallel port, if your PC still has one.

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada

Exactly ;) IIRC, there's a way to build a cheap adapter using a parallel port, if your PC still has one.

My PCs all have parallel ports… But they are all too old to run most emulators decently… I know USB adapters exist… I just don't really need one at this point…

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night