Dick Clark Dies At 82

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dick-Clark-1985_244x183.jpg
Dick Clark, the music industry maverick, longtime TV host and powerhouse producer who changed the way we listened to pop music with "American Bandstand," and whose trademark "Rockin' Eve" became a fixture of New Year's celebrations, died today at the age of 82.​
Clark's agent Paul Shefrin said in statement that the veteran host died this morning following a "massive heart attack."​

Source: http://www.cbsnews.c...ark-dead-at-82/

-

R.I.P Dick Clark. Will miss seeing you on New Years Eve. :(

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that sucks. RIP, Dick.

Most of you on here only know this guy as the improbably old New Years' host ... for me that was just something he started doing after his real fame had dwindled. Dick Clark was a powerful influence in American rock/pop music spanning over both my parents' and my generation ... really until MTV came along I guess. American Bandstand was only really "cool" back in the late 50's and through the 60's, but it was still on even into the late 80's. When I was a kid in the 70's, it came on around noon on Saturdays, just after the cartoons. This is ancient times stuff for most of you runts LOL. Anyway, I didn't watch every week but I did watch a lot of American Bandstand and Soul Train back in those days ... now both hosts are gone, along with Don Kirshner and Wolfman Jack. Gettin' old sucks.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had heard about his stroke, and that his health has been deteriorating over the years, so I guess this was a long time coming. Still, it's a shame to lose him; from what I had seen of his programs growing up, he seemed like an earnest, nice enough guy.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, New Year's Eve was kinda painful to watch after his stroke. He was just really a mess after the whole thing.

It's sad to see him go but it's his time. It's just been really sad to see him go in a not-so-graceful manner.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you felt his influence over seas, maybe its indirect but he was a major part of television's breakthrough. he will always go down in history as a great man and pioneer of the field of tv.

i don't care much for celeb deaths but this man did help to create what we all do today on a daily basis. RIP Dick. Many good new years brought in with you at the helm.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Dick Clark. Hit the 7:07 mark.

[yt]yL0Jh6MHFEM[/yt]

I'll just leave this right here...

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Am I the only one that doesnt know who he is?
I'm not really a music person :|

You'd probably know him better at your age if you watch the New Year's Eve stuff in America.

Not trying to be offensive but that's how I know him.
I don't really watch much American things other than sitcoms, animated shows and movies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm