ROM Hack Diamond/Pearl Question

monopoman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoy Diamond and Pearl overall and was wondering if there is any feasible way to speed up the battle system. It has to have one of the slowest battle systems in the Pokemon series.

I have not discovered any cheat that speeds it up and even turning off all animations and maxing out text on the menu does not help much. The GBA series seems to move quite a bit faster then this one.

Not asking for any hacking to be done or anything just curious on the feasibility of this with an R4 version of the game.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly, I don't think there's any possible way to speed up Pokemon Diamond's battle system, as that could be down to how the ROM behaves normally, and not on a specific flashcart. The only things I would suggest would be:

- Trying out the Japanese ROM instead of the English ROM, because I know the (J) version runs faster (in terms of text AND the in-game battles). Just rename the save file you use to the same as the Japanese ROM's name and it should work.
- Using a different form of media? For example, a 1GB Micro SD might be able to run it a bit faster than one with a higher memory capacity, or a specific Micro SD brand might be an optimum choice to use (e.g. Kingston Japan), but I doubt that the media being used to run the game is the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night