Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Okay, so people tell me it's easier to hit diagonals on a Lite D-pad than a Phat D-pad. Well, I've been practicing Jam Sessions on my DS Phat, and, um, someone tell me, how do you hit anything but a diagonal?!? If I press anything but the dead centre of a direction, the entire D-pad tilts and depresses a neighbouring direction as well, and I get a diagonal, miss the chord, and end up with that "dud chord" sound.

So if it's this easy to hit diagonals on a Phat, and people tell me it's even easier to hit them on a Lite... WTF!?!? How do you Lite people play Jam Sessions at all? Map all chords to diagonals or what?
wacko.gif

[/rant]

Seriously now, it's kinda irritating. Any thoughts?

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any problems not hitting a diagonal, If anything, I edit the chord pallete so that the main chord changes are on the up,down,left,right
I've used it jamming with some friends with guitars, and it holds up well as a basic accoustic

It might be your keypad

edit: sorry forgot to mention, I am using it on a lite

roadbusta

Trophies
Website
www.google.com.au
XP
Country
It seems to be the opposite for me, on the lite. I find it hard to press diagonals, though up/down/left/right seem easy enough.

When playing jam sessions, I just used two different chord settings for the d-pad, switching between them with the L button.

Ironically, I find that playing a real acoustic guitar is easier and more pleasurable than playing jam sessions on the lite
huh.gif

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No doubt, you can't replace a guitar..
but if you get the hang of the strumming, it sounds really convincing as a guitar esp if you have an amp cos its too soft just through the ds

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
the dpad on my old fat DS worked fine, I remember playing the Metroid Prime first hunt demo, and it took me a while to get used to the dpad, but once I did, it was perfect.

with the DSlite, I adapted immediately and it works fine

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I've sent in my DS Lite to Nintendo last year to get the d-pad fixed. It works great now and I can perform diagonals with no problem. Just send your Lites to Nintendo and get it repaired for free (assuming you still have the 1 year warranty, which is renewed when you get it repaired by Nintendo). This was one of the more common problems with the DS Lite when it launched.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've sent in my DS Lite to Nintendo last year to get the d-pad fixed. It works great now and I can perform diagonals with no problem. Just send your Lites to Nintendo and get it repaired for free (assuming you still have the 1 year warranty, which is renewed when you get it repaired by Nintendo). This was one of the more common problems with the DS Lite when it launched.

Really, now? Because my D-Pad sucks ass. I don't even want to play MegaMan Star Force because it's so hard to do diagonals.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I gotta Lite and my bro a Phat. I must say that I find the d-pad better on the Phat. I really struggle to press diagonal on my Lite...

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Duh Fat Thumbs !!

i find the D-Pad on the phat DS to be better, and I still like the phat DS over the lite for a long gaming session or playing hunters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol