Diagonals in 2D games

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by BrokenCD, Jul 26, 2007.

Jul 26, 2007

Diagonals in 2D games by BrokenCD at 10:36 PM (826 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. BrokenCD
    OP

Newcomer BrokenCD Member

United States
    I don't think I have a true faulty diagonal problem, its just in a few games. Games like Lunar Knights, or Megaman Battle Network 5 DT. I find myself having to move in zig-zags, or have the characters appear drunk. Or not move at all. I can't even get the games to walk in a straight diagonal. But, I have no problem with other games. In SM64, I have no problems. It gets very frustrating, very fast. I didn't have this problem with my DS phat.

2. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    some games simply don't let you move on diagonals (think like the old Final Fantasy games)

3. pristinemog

Member pristinemog GBAtemp Fan

United States
    See, that's why I LOVED the fact that Lunar Knights had the option to turn the four main directions into diagonal based movement. The diagonals on the DS Lite are terrible and will make your thumb hurt trying to push the pad hard enough to get both to activate. It's the main reason I may not play Megaman Star Force altogether.

4. superrab

Newcomer superrab Member

United States
    I have the same problem too on my DSLite - I thought I was going crazy because it was so hard to get the DPad to detect a diagonal. It's really frustrating in some games that require you to move diagonally or do diagonal motions, but luckily there haven't been too many so far.

5. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    i heard a guy taped a dime onto his d-pad, and it helped.