Diablo Immortal reportedly won't launch in Belgium and the Netherlands due to lootbox restrictions

diablo immortal.jpg

Diablo Immortal, Blizzard's controversial new free-to-play MMO in the Diablo series, will reportedly not be launching in two countries due to restrictions on lootboxes. Dutch news outlet Tweakers reports that pre-load on iOS and Android went live in the Netherlands and Belgium in late April, but the pre-load options were taken down shortly afterwards. After reaching out for comment, a community manager for Blizzard told Tweakers that it would not be launching there due to "current operating conditions for games" in those countries, likely referring to the laws against lootboxes in Belgium and the Netherlands.

A post was also shared on the r/DiabloImmortal subreddit from a Blizzard employee sharing a similar sentiment. "The lootboxes in the game are against the law in your country, so unless the gambling restrictions change, the game will not be released in the Netherlands and Belgium," the post read. "If you manage to run the game I cannot guarantee that you will not be banned for it."

Diablo Immortal will launch this Thursday, June 2, for iOS and Android with an open beta for the PC version launching the same day.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Good for them I guess, the game will be a shitshow anyway. Blizzard is so disconnected from it's playerbase and only loyal fans will play this... It sucks because Blizzard was the king 2000-2014 ish

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One rule for one. One for another.

Fifa makes big money worldwide and the government have a big cut of it most probably
Yea well, fifa isn't free to play afaik
So the government gets taxes from the game sale, right?
Diablo immortal is free to play, so they'll get 0 taxes

Reactions: CloudStrife190100

Winduss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I swear I'm able to download other crappy lootbox and microtransaction games over here just fine. Doesn't Raid Shadow Legends have crap like this included as well? Seems like they always go after the big companies over here.
We also can't use skins in CSGO over here lol

Reactions: Legitendo

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It depends. I don't know nothing about their tax system but financial transactions, like micro-transactions, are taxed here.
Here too, but you see
First, in canada, there two taxes, one that goes to the province, one to the federal, and i think only the federal one is applied on online purchases
Secondly, here in canada, online purchases being taxed is fairly new. Justin Trudeau introduced this law and he's been elected for the first time in 2015, so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...