Diablo III to have offline CO-OP for PS3 and PS4.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Ft8toyw.gif

You may find either a reason to rage, or a reason to buy the latest iteration of Diablo III with this news... John Hight Has been quoted in an interview saying "You can have four people on the same screen. No split-screen, we just zoom the camera out. Or, you know, if you're offline..."

That sounds like a confirmation to me. Others might need more concrete evidence.

source

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is possibly a saving grace of the game. After failing miserably, the ones who were irrefutably guilty of gaming misconduct caused by lack of skill which led to the team's defeat will be nearby so that you can flail them with your controller.

Hint: It's never your fault.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So many people got butthurt over this being announced for PS3, but it's like, who cares?

Honestly, it's a mediocre game. Just buy Torchlight 2 which is a better Diablo game anyways, and it's cheaper.

Reactions: 431unknown

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how it's consider as a failure?
it's sold more than 10 millions already http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III#Sales

It might have that many sales, but if you actually go online to play it... Ghost town. The campaign is short and Inferno is just a gear check grindathon. (I am half way through act 3 Inferno and got sooo bored I haven't touched the game in months.)

Even selling things for real money and making money on the game wasn't enough to keep me interested, meanwhile I played Diablo II and its expansion for years and was ranked pretty high up on the ladder for a few different seasons on multiple classes. (I never did quite master Sorceress....)

MelodieOctavia

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Reactions: triassic911

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
this isn't about good or bad.
from my point of view they did great job for the game, 10 millions is a lot of numbers.

let's face it... how many good games out there struggling to get more sales?

MelodieOctavia

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
this isn't about good or bad.
from my point of view they did great job for the game, 10 millions is a lot of numbers.

let's face it... how many good games out there struggling to get more sales?

I can make a list but I'll start with the ones off the top of my head

Psychonauts, Binary Domain, Valkyria Chronicles, God Hand, Arx Fatalis, Bayonetta, Metro 2033, Vanquish, Shadows Of The Damned, Beyond Good and Evil...I can go on for miles.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yay local co-op
I am not sure forced single screen works though- it worked halfway OK with Dungeon Siege 3 and the Baldur's gate dark alliance games but they were largely built for it. Diablo and such like were always nicer when a person could town portal up and back without dragging everybody else back with them (granted it was single player but Fate even gave your animal the ability to do it for you), that said I have not played 3 yet so it could work.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
So many people got butthurt over this being announced for PS3, but it's like, who cares?

Honestly, it's a mediocre game. Just buy Torchlight 2 which is a better Diablo game anyways, and it's cheaper.
Preference of platform kicks in. Some people love their PS3s more, so even if they can get the game running on their PCs, they don't, instead opting for a PS3 version. Some people might not have a PC to game on, but own a PS3. Some people might have played the PC version and hated the perma-online.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would people get mad over ANY game announcement for a console?

It doesn't hurt other versions of the game and it gives the console one more game. If you don't like the game, don't buy it. It won't affect your other games. If it comes from your prized console and it's no longer exclusive, stop being an exclusionist cunt.

Reactions: chartube12

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Why would people get mad over ANY game announcement for a console?

It doesn't hurt other versions of the game and it gives the console one more game. If you don't like the game, don't buy it. It won't affect your other games. If it comes from your prized console and it's no longer exclusive, stop being an exclusionist cunt.
...On your PSN ID page it says "#PS3MASTERRACE".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...